Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appologies for starting a new thread re mirrors. I couldn't find the Attachment box on the Mirrors thread when I went to reply.
Hey Mutley.
Here's the shot of the ZODIAC indicator mirrors. Almost the same as the Kuriakyn units, but probably a cheeper quality. They've been making HD parts for over 25 years though.
They look great once fitted, and brightness of the LEDs is good.
View is far better than HD stock items. Mirrors are approx 2 cm futher out to the side, so better field of vision.
Bad points: Patheticly thin wires.
Left hand stalk interferes with the hydraulic clutch, so I got the Dremmel out and took a "Poofteenth" off the reservour. I havent mucked around too much with hiding the wires (ie, Left side exposed, right side internal) as I will get the HD Drag Bars after reading some of the latest comments.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

Attachments

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
don't worry about the thin wires... those LEDs draw a miniscule amount of current compared to a bulb. 24ga. wire would be more than enough for them.

Cheaper quality than Kuryakyn?? Come on now! ;)

Is that the kitchen your bike is parked in? :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kitchen? I wish!!!

G'day Dr HS.
I knew from reading your other posts etc that the current draw was low, so that bit of info makes me happier.
Re the Kitchen, that's the room dubbed "The Toy Shed". I've got our 47 Indian Chief, Seadoo and V Rod in there, as well as my work shop. Bugger all room to move!
If I could only put a beer fridge, telly and toilet in there, I wouldn't need to come out.
It's tiled, so it's not the most friendy of floors for a work shop.

Best wishes mate, and you're either up late or early!

Ken.

·
1,738 Posts
Ken: You may be the only person in the world that decorates his "Toy Shed" with a VRSC Engineguard wall hanging.

Fred:D

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
vilzrod - no interference with the mastercylinder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts