Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vague feeling the battery changed for 07...

What's the Yuasa code for a 2007 battery, anyone know?

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Welcome back Louis, we missed you. Get rid of that alarm and you'll have no problem with your battery.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not really back - life took an odd, but not unpleasant, turn, so the only thing I have time to do with the V-Rod is ride it. And it is getting a bit middle aged and tatty now, much like the owner.

I plan to get a Yuasa clone in Portugal from the local bike shop.

To do that I need the Yuasa part number for an 07. I've got the number for a V-Rod - did the battery change when it moved to the front, or are all years the same?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm not really back - life took an odd, but not unpleasant, turn, so the only thing I have time to do with the V-Rod is ride it. And it is getting a bit middle aged and tatty now, much like the owner.

I plan to get a Yuasa clone in Portugal from the local bike shop.

To do that I need the Yuasa part number for an 07. I've got the number for a V-Rod - did the battery change when it moved to the front, or are all years the same?

Sounds like you met a girl or got one pregnant.....

I thought the battery changed with the wide tire frame but several places I have found show that it didn't while some show that it did, according to the Yuasa website the 2007 take the early model.

Here is what I have found though and in light of this I would say measure yours and see which one it is.
This is the Pre 2007 - YTX14 or YTX14H - Dimensions: 6" x 3.4375" x 5.75"
This is the post 2007 - YTX20L or YTX20HL -Dimensions: 6.875" x 3.4375" x 6.125"

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aha! Right, sounds like I need to measure it, cheers!

Sounds like you met a girl or got one pregnant.....

I thought the battery changed with the wide tire frame but several places I have found show that it didn't while some show that it did, according to the Yuasa website the 2007 take the early model.

Here is what I have found though and in light of this I would say measure yours and see which one it is.
This is the Pre 2007 - YTX14 or YTX14H - Dimensions: 6" x 3.4375" x 5.75"
This is the post 2007 - YTX20L or YTX20HL -Dimensions: 6.875" x 3.4375" x 6.125"

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The battery was changed when the compression releases were eliminated in the production 1250's.The battery has always been in the front of the bike.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The battery was changed when the compression releases were eliminated in the production 1250's.The battery has always been in the front of the bike.
Oh great, thanks. So the smaller one for my 1130. I'll get it ordered.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Oh great, thanks. So the smaller one for my 1130. I'll get it ordered.
No you have the larger battery. It was changed in 2007 (before the engine went to 1250) except for the VRSCR. Another way to check is to look at the cables. The larger battery has the positive cable on the left as shown in the attached figure.

Attachments

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No you have the larger battery. It was changed in 2007 (before the engine went to 1250) except for the VRSCR. Another way to check is to look at the cables. The larger battery has the positive cable on the left as shown in the attached figure.
Oh. Well the cable is the way to check, and the reason it matters! Cheers.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Battery Plus

What ever you do;Don't get a battery from "Battery Plus."
The box may have a pretty picture of a V-Rod on it ,but the cable terminals are reversed.In fact ,all battery plus boxes have a V-Rod picture displayed.

I'll have to cross over with extended cables.
This is the X2-14,recommended for the 2007 VRSCDX, with an excellent 24 month warranty.

Attachments

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Louis, the larger battery sits more vertical in the bike, while the smaller battery lies on its side with the top (and terminals) facing the front of the air box. In fact, to change the smaller battery, you would need to remove the airbox.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts