Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anytime a forum member posts a link to YouTube, I click it and get a black screen with no video or sound.
I have followed their recommendations of uninstalling Flash player and turning off ADBlock with no success.
Anyone else experience this problem and resolved the issue? DO I need to be signed in? Haven't done that yet. I do not have a YouTube sign in ID.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get anything to work. Just a black screen in the middle of the web page surrounded by boxes of various videos that are available. I can click them but no show.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is what I get when I try to view a YouTube video. NOthing but a black screen.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
What browser are you using? Mac or windows? So many things could cause this issue.

Sent from my EVO 4g

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
What browser are you using? Mac or windows? So many things could cause this issue.
:them:
Also, you may want to edit that screen capture you uploaded. Your gmail address is posted in the upper right hand corner.

Obviously you're using some software that is blocking the video... see below. Did someone put a "net nanny" on your computer?

You're not trying this at work are you? Maybe someone doesn't want you pissing around on the internet all day?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solved it. Was a combination of many things among them Adobe Flash Player was not installed. I went to the Adobe web site and clicked on the icon to "Install Flash player" but all it did was install a ADDON for FireFox. Looking at my Installed program list it looked like Flash player was installed but wasn't. Using Internet Explorer It gave me a brief message saying Flash Player was not installed so I went hunting and found another icon on ADOBE.com that indeed did install Flash player. This fixed IE but not Firefox. Seems like FireFox was 5 levels back and needed updating also. Did that and now all is OK.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts