Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am considering the TAB turn out slip on exhausts for a 2011 VRSCDX.

Any thoughts from the folks that may have tried them or heard them at some point? Performance? Sound?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have them on my 2009 DX. I love them. I highly recommend getting them with baffles like I did. Without baffles these mufflers would be painfully loud. The sound is deep and rumbly. I do wear earplugs all the time now, but over the years I have lost all my hearing in my left ear and need to conserve what I have left. Back to the TAB's though.

I run my DX topless with a K&N airfilter and the TAB's and no other engine mods. I had it dynoed and and the bike was perfect without tune. I am running 110 horsepower at the rear wheel. Based on my experience, I recommend the TAB turnouts without hesitation.

Phatass

·
Registered
72 Posts
I also run the TAB Turn Outs on my 08DX... They are a great sounding pipe and everyone that sees them loves them. definitely go with the baffled. i started with the un-baffled and after installing them and just starting the bike at idel i already new they were to loud. I run the K&N air filter and a power commander. bike runs great.. the best thing i think about the TAB pipes is TAB's customer service. by far probably the best people to deal with. Best of luck

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THanks!

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to order them. I like the sound and it seems that performance seems to be inlien with expectations.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got mine last week. Excellent quality.
Mine are baffled rolled tip. They sound awesome and are plenty loud
I did the race tuner from the dealer, they put a map on it and it. Runs perfect

·
Registered
4 Posts
Slash Cut

Just put the Tab Slash Cut on my g/f's VRSC-DX. Baffled, slip-ons only, no filter or fuel controller.

Sound great, look awesome. (I was 'almost' embarrassed to ride w/ her and the stock pipes)

Gonna list the stock "Straight-shot exhaust with brushed finish dual mufflers and black end caps" in the classifieds if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I run the TAB no baffle turn outs on 09 DX. Purely subjective opinion but to me they are best of both worlds. Just running in traffic around town at 4000 rpm or less I dont' seem to annoy anyone. Freeway on ramp (2nd gear, 5000 rpm to wot) everyone knows I'm there. Have ridden along side Phoenix PD and AZHP often and no problems there either. Actually I get a thumbs up from our motor officers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for your input. Much appreciated!

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Yeah dont get slash cuts.... exhaust soot on the swing arm
sorry for interrupting but has anyone had the same experience, am thinking of the same model (slash cuts) but the previous owner of my bike had them and their color changed, what is the maximum period that any of the current owners here have been using ?

sorry again, am not hijacking the thread but need to know as their price is so affordable to what in the market:notworth:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I installed mine this past June, about 6,800 miles on them now. Only change so far is the spot where passengers footware sometimes cooks

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Summitt Racing do stainless exhaust tips that fit the v rod for not much money, seem to recollect the ones I bought while back were around $120 the pair.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts