Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
veer hard right towards the off ramp and twist the throttle....if not your be a statistic....

·
Registered
51 Posts
depending on how close the car is behind you I think it'd be safer to brake hard, slip in behind A and to the left missing B. I think accelerating would have been a good option a second or two earlier but at that point it's too much of a risk of being clipped by car B. i'd just hope the other drivers don't do the same and lock up the brakes when they see me.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
You are riding in blue. So, what would you do?

The key is to never put yourself in anyones blindspot when nearing an interchange. You should see this one well before it happens the one with the right idea is the red bike, never stay in a lane where they can hit you from two sides.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Before or after crapping pants? ;>) Just kidding!

My vote would be to try to not be put in that position, barring that, I'm going with the "checking your six and braking hard" vote.

Ride Safe!!
Larry

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Brake hard, draw, and fire until empty. :guns

Seriously, brake hard and move left. Get behind that truck. Draw and fire is still appropriate. :2cents:

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
rjrivero said:

Seriously, brake hard and move left. Get behind that truck. Draw and fire is still appropriate. :2cents:

I agree Id slow down and get over to the left. Oh yea and then start blasting.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think the brake hard and get left is the worst option, your front tire has passed 95% of a vehicle that is in all liklyhood slamming it's own brakes on to get the exit they almost missed so with both of you on the brakes you will just be going slower when you crash. Grab a handfull and veer right, If you insist on putting yourself in the kill zone.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My first thought was brake hard...so that is what I probably would have done.

Even with the car breaking you should be able to slow MUCH faster than the car hopefully missing an impact.

·
Registered
330 Posts
dreemweaver said:
My first thought was brake hard...so that is what I probably would have done.

Even with the car breaking you should be able to slow MUCH faster than the car hopefully missing an impact.
Why not use his braking along with your acceleration?

·
Registered
203 Posts
X1 MIKE said:
Why not use his braking along with your acceleration?

I hear you, but my first thought was brake hard so that is likely what I would have done.

Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of analyzing situations when they come. We have to do what our instincts tell us and hope they are right.

Personally I think either option would likely get you out of the sticky situation.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Scream OHH SHIT and brake hard, and by the looks of the car already in your immediate path aim for the quarter panel.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Oh for God Sakes! Just honk the horn. Isn't that what's it for? And doesn't everyone jump out of the way when you honk it? :stilpoke:

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
rjrivero said:

What he said

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
If I were the blue bike my reaction would be to hit the brakes and go left but I would more then likely be over in the fast lane on the red bike out of harms way.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
You are riding in blue. So, what would you do?
I think my first instinct would be brake hard. That would probably get you into trouble and you'd have to hope the blue car brakes in time to not hit you (eve though your not in the blue cars blind spot, she's probably yakin on the cell phone, looking in her side mirror and not looking at you :rolleyes: ) But looking at the situation, I think your best bet would be veer right and throttle up hard. I remember one of the things my instructor said was that in some instances, accelerate out of a situation.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Brake as hard as you can and go then go left as the A car passes in front of you. Its doubtful you would even see the B car (slightly behind in our own blind spot) due to the tunnel vision we get when stuff like this starts to happen.

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
rjrivero said:

+1

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
I can see merit in brake hard and slip left, but also in grab a handful and exit upper right, I think it's impossible to know what would be best without seeing speed and closure rates etc. What about freeze up and become a stell sandwich? A static picture only tells part of the story.

The only bit I see appropriate regardless is draw and fire until empty. 2 arse holes at once = major pucker.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts