Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

You favorite way to ride

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Any riding is good, but I view long rides on the Interstates as a necessary evil.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Exploring... ...I pick a general direction and go, often starting on the freeway and switching off to side roads and less well traveled paths...

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
See My Gallery For The 78 Curves

·
No longer apeing it
79 Posts
Loving a ride with a few mates, stop along the way for a feed , maybe one refreshing ale and a good view(either waterfront or ladies ).A bit more of a ride. All part of the journey!!

·
Registered
206 Posts

This is the Stelvio pass between Italy and Switzerland...yee hah !
I must admit, I 'd take this on my Aprilia mille rather than the Rod !

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
I just like to get out there on any road condition. There aren't too many roads that I would consider twisty in South Louisiana, but if your good enuff to swerve around all of the pot holes, you learn some mean ass twisty skillz!:D

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
******* said:
I just like to get out there on any road condition. There aren't too many roads that I would consider twisty in South Louisiana, but if your good enuff to swerve around all of the pot holes, you learn some mean ass twisty skillz!:D

There's a good twisty road between Raceland and Kramer it's HWY307, but you have to watch for debris in the road.

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
cptnwarlock said:
There's a good twisty road between Raceland and Kramer it's HWY307, but you have to watch for debris in the road.
I'll hafta check that on out. Thanks Capt.

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
Anytime Toby.:D

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
Straights are basically ways to string together curves though :D but can be fun in their own right although somewhat monotenous (sp).

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Pondo said:
Any riding is good, but I view long rides on the Interstates as a necessary evil.
:them:

i will avoid interstates AT ALL COSTS! i love to get on the back roads and ride winding mountain roads...just doesn't get any better :cheers:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I love the curvey roads the best and I like to run a fairly quick pace through them that doesn't require much if any brake action before the curve and rolling it on comming out of the curve without the triple digit speeds down the straightaways. Thats one reason I sold my Turbo ZX12R, I couldn't control myself and found the "close" to the 200 mph area too often, even on roads that you wouldn't think its possible but with that kind of power it is , trust me! I figured either the reaper or lawman was in my immediate future as law of averages will catch up eventually and up to the time of selling it I had been awefully lucky. Be carefull QwkRod, its like the increadable HULK -LOL!
As noted though any kind of riding is better than no riding and conditions, roads and your group all too be considered. As long as you and everybody else comes home safe it was fun!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts