Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and to stop other accusations, i work as a mechanic at a ski resort and have gone to school to get certified by the manufacture, and work and pay for it myself :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
:moped: I have an R, gave to my son when he was 16. He just turned 17 couple of months ago. He is a senior in high school. Does that count?

Oh, and before that at 15 1/2 his first bike was a 2003 Dyna Super Glide (FXD).

·
SMOKE A FATTY!!!!!!!
260 Posts
what is so special about the R? sorry if its a stupid question but I'm new the the vrod world

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
jerry07dx said:
what is so special about the R? sorry if its a stupid question but I'm new the the vrod world
It is a 2 year only bike!!! It has mid mounted controls for more lean angle. It also boasted 120 hp vs. 115 for the other models( A,B) Has a 30 in. seat height, inverted forks, etc......

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
jerry07dx said:
I am looking forward to the replies you will get. Here's mine, the R is kind of the opposite of the DX. It has a different frame, less rake on the neck, higher mount points for the shocks, inverted forks and a few other particulars. It has higher saddle height, ground clearence and the highest lean angle numbers. It has a couple of HP more than the A,B, the same as the D. It is a good mountain road bike, not a crotchrocket but does well in the twisties. It goes fast easily. A little tweeking, new shocks, fork springs, better tires and it is a very refined fast platform. The mid pegs and higher seat change the sitting position to a more agressive leaning forward at the waist stance.
It was the first V-rod that had a 5 gal. fuel tank. It and the D were first with HD/Brembo brakes. The last year was 2007.

·
Greg
604 Posts
Got me, I'm about 2.5 times your age -- 48 and love my R!!! Also, I've been to Park City a few times, and you're real lucky to call it home (beautiful place).

·
My High
359 Posts
There is a young man in my area that has an "R" model in fact he has twin Nos tanks on it,,I think he`s 19 as well maybe he`ll chime in here,,,?? I know he stops in here every now and then,,,,Jay,, I think,,?

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
Its not the age its the mileage.... Im 35 going on 87! Ive been a baaaaad boy!:spank:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I thought I was old for an R at 54 -- glad to see even more seasoned riders like it (along with the young ones).

Rob

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad everyone loves the R, too bad its gone for next year....i'm 19 and hopefully adding a turbo soon *146 hp* and MAYBE eventually NOS thats a bit insane though, as if these bikes are not fast enough....

·
Banned
12,582 Posts

·
FireBum
485 Posts
I'm 46 and I rode an R on accident one time, but I got off of it before anyone saw me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts