Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went out and bought a Craftsman Foot Pound Torque Wrench (the big brother to my Inch Pound Torque Wrench I use for spark plugs and other inch pounds settings). I checked the front and it was a tad over 57 lbs so I reset it to 57. Crash came by and his was just about right. I then got after the rear axle since I needed to take up some slack on the belt deflection. I thought I might need to pull the top muffler to get the socket and head of the Torque wrench over the axle Rose...opps...nut. However, with my bride and all of her 105 pounds perched on the saddle, I was able remove the two muffler clamps and the one allen bolt under the bottom muffler then slip a piece of 1 x 1 wood between the mufflers and swing arm (with a cloth around it) and pry the muffler out just a touch that allowed me to finesse the socket over the axle nut. The rear was at the top end of the 105 Lb. max torque so after setting the belt tension to 3/8th with 10 pounds of pressure using the belt adjusting tool I snugged it to 97 pounds. Were these "run on" sentences?

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
you mean someone is grading our grammar on here??????????

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
My nuts are tight!

I checked both my axel nuts yesterday, after reading the recent posts; and everything was just fine. Even the rear one that I've had loose about a dozen times already. Hoping all your nuts are just as tight. Ride safe. redrazor

:rofl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts