Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured I'd take a little time out to introduce myself now that I've had some time to look around the site and checkout what others have been doing to their bikes. This is truly the first Harley I've owned and have to say that it's everything I could have asked for in one bike. I was lucky enough to bike-sit for a friend while he was in Japan for about 3 years with his 02' Soft Tail Deuce, which is what got me really started on the HD road.

I guess you could call me a gearhead at heart because for the last 12 years I've been a German Automotive tuner and now run a small business I started in 05' called WaterWerks Motorsports along with a club simply called WaterWerks that I originally started in 96' that has chapters in Florida, Louisiana, Connecticut, and Great Britain.

My daily job entails flying and blowing shit up for a living as a Gunner on AC-130U Gunships, which is something I've been doing since 1995. I've been in the service since 91' and started as a Weapons 462 load toad on B52's and F-16's.

I'm married to an outstanding woman (who is also one of the reasons I have this bike now). She's been buggin' me about getting a bike for 4 years so we could go out for a little "us" time without worrying about those around us. We don't have any kids and don't plan on any ever! :D

So enough about me...I'm hoping to get a chance to meet some of you as time goes on as well as pick your brains about where, when, what and how you have done things to your bikes. I promise to try to use the SEARCH function vs. posting a question (being a long time forum user and running my own forums) as much as I can to find the answers to questions that I'm sure have been asked a thousand times in the past. Thanks for letting me hang out here among your family!

My two passions in life...

The New....You all know what this one is....2007 VRSCDX Vivid/Denim

The Original....Some may know this one but if you don't....2004 VW R32 Black Magic Pearl

The car as it normally sits....rims were off to be refinished...so I'll be doing a proper photo shoot with them both in the coming weeks...:)

·
Registered
488 Posts
:vrodforu:

Welcome!

·
Registered
82 Posts

Good to have you on board!

Nice bike and car. :)

Is the AC-130U an upgrade from the H that was used in Vietnam? I think it had twin Vulcan canons and was nicknamed Puff the Magic Dragon.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Welcome to the best place on the web!
Lots of great people and more truly knowledgable and helpful folks than anywhere else.
:welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome:

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
:vrodforu: :vrod:

·
I DON,T KNOW WHY
257 Posts
:cheers: welcome

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
:welcome: :vrod:

damn the more and more I see that DX I F'en love it!! :notworth:

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Welcome and great choice for your first Harley.:vrodforu: :vrodforu:

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Soda said:
Is the AC-130U an upgrade from the H that was used in Vietnam? I think it had twin Vulcan canons and was nicknamed Puff the Magic Dragon.
CRAZY CLIVE said:
do i hear old spooky ?
The answer to both of you is...YES...the AC-130U (Spooky) Gunship is the newest Gunship built from converted C-130H model airframes. The AC-130H (Spectre) Gunship was built from converted C-130E model airframes and did carry twin 20mm guns up until about 5 years ago when they pulled them from the aircraft.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts