Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bub7 2-1 exhaust, just to see how it looks I took one of my old TAB non-baffled turnouts and put it on the Bub7 Header. I haven't started it up yet to see how it sounds because its night time and neighbors would flip out.

Before I list the TAB's for sale, what do you guys think? To me the TAB's were a little louder than the Bub7.

Attachments

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
I don't like it. To me the Bub 7 is the best looking exhaust for the DX. I'm having a hard time deciding on the black widow slip ons for my stock exhaust and the Bubs.....only thing holding me back on the Bub, although I have not heard either in person, is that I get the feeling from searching and reading here that the Bub is alot louder than the widows..........I say put the full Bub on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the bub7 is all that loud compared to others I've heard. Don't get me wrong, it's loud when you get on it. Cruising is okay though. I took off the bub muffler to try to see how it sounds packed. It's kinda raspy at WOT. Anyone know where I can get muffler packing or if fiberglass insulation works good?

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,132 Posts
Bub 2-1 is my fave for the DX also. That looks ugly with the tab.

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
I don't think the bub7 is all that loud compared to others I've heard. Don't get me wrong, it's loud when you get on it. Cruising is okay though. I took off the bub muffler to try to see how it sounds packed. It's kinda raspy at WOT. Anyone know where I can get muffler packing or if fiberglass insulation works good?
Thanks, there is a member here selling a Bub and I would get it, but I havent actually heard one in person yet.....:mad:

·
Wick
546 Posts
I have had my Bub7 on for a couple of weeks now compared to my Rhinehart 2-2 they definatley have a deeper tone. My mates I ride with say the Bub is definatley quieter and more enjoyable for them not as ear piercing..

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
PM johnnyhotfoot for muffler packing. I sent him 2 lifetimes supply! I think it looks great, but will be loud. Mod it a bit so you can stand it, and go with it! Joe

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have had my Bub7 on for a couple of weeks now compared to my Rhinehart 2-2 they definatley have a deeper tone. My mates I ride with say the Bub is definatley quieter and more enjoyable for them not as ear piercing..
Hey Wik, thanks again for the help in picking out my Bub7...thing sounds awesome and its no way near as loud as the V n H Indy. I used to ride with a guy that had a DX with the Indy on it and I would make him ride on my right side so I didnt have to listen to it LOL.

·
Leonard Smalls
315 Posts
Nay! Nay! Nay!

Put the rest of that Bub system back on. It is truly an excellent pipe.

I picked up some fiberglass packing for mine at a metric dealer. The guys at the HD parts counter were like "you want what?? Why would you want to do that??"

·
Wick
546 Posts
Hey Wik, thanks again for the help in picking out my Bub7...thing sounds awesome and its no way near as loud as the V n H Indy. I used to ride with a guy that had a DX with the Indy on it and I would make him ride on my right side so I didnt have to listen to it LOL.
Your welcome mate just glad I could help and that you are happy.:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Did the fibre glass make the pipe quieter? or just dampened that high pitched sound? this BUB7 2-1 is my favorite pipe looks wise but the Supertrappv5 has a nice deep note to it and dont want to buy a nasty sounding pipe...

Definately ditch the Tab pipe IMO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts