Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to go to my local dealership to get the engine mounting bracket that I need, thinking that the cost difference online was not that much and would be able to get it in a few days, yeah right, a week later, no part, no excuse, no backorder, no nothing. So here I sit with a bike with no rear end parts and the whole weekend off to not be able to get it back together. :banghead:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you'll have that on the big jobs...............
yea, finding out thats pretty much a guarntee, did just get a phone call back from them, surprisingly enough, to let me know that the part is on backorder and should be there around the 24th of this month!?! why this part is on back order is a mystery, seriously there are that many d owners putting forward controls on. I would say f it cuz my rineharts will cover it up but then the new brake line doesn't line up and would have to cut the bracket which would make it useless. Off to see if i can find this part elsewhere, if anyone has one, I'm lookin

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
This is why whenever I tackle a big job, I don't start it until all parts are on hand. It always happens that something is missing or forgotten.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is why whenever I tackle a big job, I don't start it until all parts are on hand. It always happens that something is missing or forgotten.

I wouldn't have but up here in md there is still crap on the roads from the last storm and though they are calling for 60s this week, I wouldn't be taking my bike out neways

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
LOL. Patience, my friend. My dealer NEVER has what I need, and I go to Zanottis online every time. Which is often enough to be on a first name basis with them!!!! I finally went to the local manager, and said "match Zanotti's, and I buy from you". He has my latest 1200 dollar order. We will see! Joe

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Who cares why the part is BO'ed? The counter guy should have let you know what the status of the part was when it was ordered so you knew where you stood with your project.I'll bet they let the mechanics and the service adviser know when a part is BO'ed and give an eta so that a $100 an hour lift isn't tied up.Then the mechanic can move to the next job so he can make a paycheck.
I know what the status is on a part from the local dealer whether I phone it in,or walk in.
When an ordered part is logged in,it goes on a phone list so the customer can be notified the part is in.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welp i'm still waiting, part should have been in today, but I didnt hear from them and was too busy to call or even think about making it up there, we'll c what happens tomorrow, I gotta get this thing back together, having this far apart is making me want to do more mods and I can't afford it. :soapbox:

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
My dealer failed miserably. Was off more than 20% (too high), but claimed that their service was worth 20%! Now, about mission creep......it happens! Since it is apart anyway, what a great time for (INSERT MOD HERE!)! Safey chrome, crash avoidance turbo, LED lighting............

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
My dumbass local dealer. Harley Davidson of The Woodlands. Can't even figure which battery to sell me for mine. I had to tell them.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
:them:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts