Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need a little help I have 2008 vrscaw 1250 I bought xieds I can only find where to plug in one end where does the other end plug in, they are supposed plug and play.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Hey guys I need a little help I have 2008 vrscaw 1250 I bought xieds I can only find where to plug in one end where does the other end plug in, they are supposed plug and play.
You have to unplug the wiring harness to the O2 sensors and put the xied's inline. One is under the seat, the other is under the left side radiator shroud. There is no "other end". Pull the plug apart, stick both ends of the plug on the xied. It's about as simple as changing a light bulb.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi. One sensor plug is under the airbox cover towards the seat, the other is under the left radiator shroud. The Powercommander website video for V-Rod installation is most helpful for O2 sensor connector locations. I found the Xied does not do much for performance but lets the bike run cooler and eliminates the surge around 5000 rpm-without a noticeable increase in fuel consumption-on my stock '09 VRSCF.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Any update on how you guys like the XiEDs?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have them on a 2008 vrscaw , It makes it dun a little cooler, it richens up the fuel it up a little, Ihace vmod mufflers and run topless, I love the way it runs like a scalded dog.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I have them on a 2008 vrscaw , It makes it dun a little cooler, it richens up the fuel it up a little, I have vmod mufflers and run topless, I love the way it runs like a scalded dog.
Running topless with Vmods.... I'll bet you a beer your bike is lean.
There is no way Xieds can or will make the needed adjustments to the fuel system for your setup. Ive read some members post about Xied and it the best thing since sliced bread, now you have to ask yourself if this is the hot setup why are the rest of us NOT using Xied? :D

Dyno the bike and have the A&F checked, then post the dyno sheet for us all to see.

Good luck Greg

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Running topless with Vmods.... I'll bet you a beer your bike is lean.
There is no way Xieds can or will make the needed adjustments to the fuel system for your setup. Ive read some members post about Xied and it the best thing since sliced bread, now you have to ask yourself if this is the hot setup why are the rest of us NOT using Xied? :D

Dyno the bike and have the A&F checked, then post the dyno sheet for us all to see.

Good luck Greg
And I'll bet you a beer it's not running lean. If it was lean, he'd get a sensor out of range code. If there is no code showing, then it has to be at 13.9:1.
The Xieds don't make any fuel adjustments at all, the ECM does that. What the xieds do is lower the output voltage from the O2 sensors, so what the ECM see's as the target 14.7 to 1 AFR, is actually 13.9 to 1.

I don't know why everyone with an 08 or later bike doesn't use them. I've been running them for over two years and my bike runs very well all the time. No pops, no flat spots, no missis, no screwing with trims or fuel tables. Xieds do exactly what they claim to do. What they don't do is wring every last hp out of your engine. If your chasing pony's, then you want something else.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
He is running topless and Vmods so yes he will need a tuner with this setup. If this setup didn't need a tuner some us here have wasted a lot of money.

Malcom what changes have you made to your bike ?

Have you had it dyno to see where the A&F ratio is at?

If not you are slinging crap on the inter-net with NOTHING to back up your claims. :deal:

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
He is running topless and Vmods so yes he will need a tuner with this setup. If this setup didn't need a tuner some us here have wasted a lot of money.

Malcom what changes have you made to your bike ?

Have you had it dyno to see where the A&F ratio is at?

If not you are slinging crap on the inter-net with NOTHING to back up your claims. :deal:
What I have is simple logic. On any bike with O2 sensors the ECU varies the injector pulse to maintain a specific voltage from the O2 sensors, that's how the AFR is set. When the ECU can't achieve that target voltage, it throws a "sensor out of range code". It says that in the service manual. Xieds are voltage dividers, they reduce the output voltage from the O2 sensors, so rather than hitting the target voltage at 14.7:1 AFR, it happens at 13.9:1 AFR. You can achieve the exact same result using a SERT and bottoming out the O2 sensor bias tables.
In either case, the ECU is looking for a specific voltage from the O2 sensors, and will adjust the mixture until that value is reached, if it can't achieve the target value, it throws a code and goes into "limp home" mode.
It's a relatively simple method of holding an AFR regardless of atmospheric conditions. Note that it only works in closed loop, in open loop the ECU reverts to map, but there is an offset table (I forgot the name) that alters open loop fuel delivery based on closed loop adjustments.

Everything I've related is is available right here in this forum, it's by no means new or unique information. The pros and cons of xieds have been discussed at length. I decided to try the xied's because I was very dissatisfied with the PC-III I had, and it troubled me to give up the limited self tuning ability built into the stock ECU. My bike runs far and away better than it ever did with a PC-III and a downloaded map.

Now tell me why I'm wrong. I'd be very interested in any information you might have.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
The ECU doesn't have the ability to make the changes need for Vmods and topless.

Again what changes have you made to your bike ? and where is the dyno sheet ?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Yes it seems you have had this discussion on the forum with one of the guys that know tuning. It seems that the problem you had with your PC was a down load from the

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
What I have is simple logic. On any bike with O2 sensors the ECU varies the injector pulse to maintain a specific voltage from the O2 sensors, that's how the AFR is set. When the ECU can't achieve that target voltage, it throws a "sensor out of range code". It says that in the service manual. Xieds are voltage dividers, they reduce the output voltage from the O2 sensors, so rather than hitting the target voltage at 14.7:1 AFR, it happens at 13.9:1 AFR. You can achieve the exact same result using a SERT and bottoming out the O2 sensor bias tables.
In either case, the ECU is looking for a specific voltage from the O2 sensors, and will adjust the mixture until that value is reached, if it can't achieve the target value, it throws a code and goes into "limp home" mode.
It's a relatively simple method of holding an AFR regardless of atmospheric conditions. Note that it only works in closed loop, in open loop the ECU reverts to map, but there is an offset table (I forgot the name) that alters open loop fuel delivery based on closed loop adjustments.

Everything I've related is is available right here in this forum, it's by no means new or unique information. The pros and cons of xieds have been discussed at length. I decided to try the xied's because I was very dissatisfied with the PC-III I had, and it troubled me to give up the limited self tuning ability built into the stock ECU. My bike runs far and away better than it ever did with a PC-III and a downloaded map.

Now tell me why I'm wrong. I'd be very interested in any information you might have.

this is the best and by far the best explanation of how the xieds and any other piggy back tuner works. the only drawback to the xieds is theres no adjustment. they work, i've built them and tested them. if you trust the factory when they say its a 14.7:1 AFR then the xieds will make it a 13.9:1. its not rocket science. if all you want is a simple plug and play then there for you. if you want a little adjustments then get a adjustable tuner. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A $1000 WORTH OF TUNER TO REACH THE SAME GOAL.anyone that says different their a dumbass and has more money than they know what to do with. if that was the case the power commander would have never worked neither would have any other "piggyback" system. i run a dobeck performance 1040st i bought used from a forum member and won a points championship with it on my 06 D. if it didn't work, my bike wouldn't have run as good as it did. its that simple. yes i'm a dobeck dealer and MARK DOBECK FOUNDED THE POWER COMMANDER.

@MALCOMX, i'm gonna copy/paste this. i have a hard time finding the right words sometimes and want to use this later. if you ever want a dobeck product contact me and i'll give you a hell of a deal. thank you.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
This might work on a stock bike but not one running topless with Vmods.

Still looking for that dyno sheet

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
This might work on a stock bike but not one running topless with Vmods.

Still looking for that dyno sheet
i must have missed the part where he had a turbo on it....................
or nitrous... doesn't Dobeck make the fuel management for boss noss...hmmmmmmm interesting...

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
The ECU doesn't have the ability to make the changes need for Vmods and topless.

Again what changes have you made to your bike ? and where is the dyno sheet ?
Have you read anything I've written? Cause it seems like you've missed the entire point here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts