Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have wanted an XB12 for a while now so when the opportunity to own one came knockin' at my door, I had to accept. I sold my car and all of my guitars and related gear and bought an 07 at a sweet price. I am just tired of putting so many miles on the Night Rod. I dont want to bury it before its time. So now I will have my daily driver, rain or shine. Its pretty nice but is gonna take some getting used to for me since the sport position is WAY different and slightly uncomfortable. But this thing is a blast to ride. Lots of torque but has nothing on the Night Rod.

Attachments

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
So weird to see a sport bike with such a low red line!

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TexasV-Rod said:
So weird to see a sport bike with such a low red line!
Isn't it, though? I was surprised myself. It doesnt have the insane top-end like the Jap sport bikes, but it gets up there quick and has loads of torque.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
How much did you end up paying for it? I dig the yellow and black, nice bike. Buells are allot of fun, be damn careful while your breaking it in they can and will get away from you.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smoothrod said:
How much did you end up paying for it? I dig the yellow and black, nice bike. Buells are allot of fun, be damn careful while your breaking it in they can and will get away from you.
Lets just say it doesnt start with the number, 10 or higher. With a 12 service plan, as well. The colors are what really drew me to it. Black and yellow are the only other combo I like other than black and red. It is so smooth. Plus, its a v-twin!!

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I've been shopping all morning and it seems like D&D are the only company that offer an aftermarket pipe for this bike. Anyone else know of any other options??? This thing is so quiet its almost embarassing.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good choice!

I too am a Fan of the XB12.

I wanted a Firebolt for a while and finally got a chance to ride one on a test ride a couple of weeks ago. I must say this thing is a rocket!
Very very powefull and looks mean too. But I'm glad I chose the Night Rod because I found the Firebolt just too uncomfortable for me. I couldn't ride the thing for more than 10 minutes. I guess I'm just getting old.

I should have tried a Lightning...

Happy riding...

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
metallica0099 said:
Well, I've been shopping all morning and it seems like D&D are the only company that offer an aftermarket pipe for this bike. Anyone else know of any other options??? This thing is so quiet its almost embarassing.
I thought V&H was making one too...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very, cool Metallica0099. I too have the XB12 and a V-rod. My XB is the daily commuter. You will love it especailly if you like going out into the twisites. When I first got my V-rod I was dragging my pegs because of the reduced lean angle.

The Buell has low redline because it's based on the Sportster design. Just 2X the HP.

The V-Rod has more pull on the freeway but the Buell takes it is in the city with all it's low down grunt.

Anyway Congratulations, very good choice.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AAMS1203 said:
Very, cool Metallica0099. I too have the XB12 and a V-rod. My XB is the daily commuter. You will love it especailly if you like going out into the twisites. When I first got my V-rod I was dragging my pegs because of the reduced lean angle.

The Buell has low redline because it's based on the Sportster design. Just 2X the HP.

The V-Rod has more pull on the freeway but the Buell takes it is in the city with all it's low down grunt.

Anyway Congratulations, very good choice.
Thanks bud. The XB12 is now my daily driver as well. I love it already. Now I wont be putting so many miles on my Night Rod. Thanks for the exhaust suggestions, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts