Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the new X2 Grips? They look nice on the web page but I've not seen them... the description says:

The uniquely styled X2 grips look like a fighter pilot's flight stick. Highly contrasting "ribs" of chrome and rubber give this small diameter grip a futuristic look.

I'm wondering if the grip is really small. I'm not sure a smaller grip will look good on a V-ROD...

·
Registered
257 Posts
My brother put the X2 on his bike and I liked them a lot. I am actually getting the dragbars and will be putting the X2 on mine. They do not feel or look small. If they are it is not a big difference from other grips.

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Azslightdraw,
It's really hard to tell how they will look on the bike. I added drag bars this winter and just placed an order for the X2 grips. I will post pictures once I get them mounted. Good to hear they aren't small. They look great in the pictures and having something different is always a good thing. They look like they've got a squared edge on them. Should prove to be nice for cruising. If you have any pictures, please post them. I don't expect to get mine till next week (can't wait). I'm sure others on the list would like to see them mounted.
Thx,
Greg

·
Registered
257 Posts
mine are on order and wont be on for a couple of weeks. I will post a pic if you dont post one first. What chrome license plate bracket do you have on your bike.
Thanks

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Azslightdraw said:
mine are on order and wont be on for a couple of weeks. I will post a pic if you dont post one first. What chrome license plate bracket do you have on your bike.
Thanks
Thanks for noticing, It's part number 59141-98. It's on page 688 of the 04 accessories catalog.

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got my X2 grips today. All I can say is WOW. I think they are the best grips Harley has made. Theys seem to fit the bike as if they where made for it... Hum :rofl2:

·
Registered
257 Posts
mine still are not in how about posting a pic.

·
G'Day mate
175 Posts
Chrome lower belt guard..

Nice lookin scoot glz.

The chrome lower belt guard you have fitted, is that a HD part or aftermarket? I'm lookin to get one.

Smasha

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Are they round like the stock grips hard to tell from the pics. Anyone leave them out in the sun do they heat up. Live in texas :spank:

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Da-Smasha said:
Nice lookin scoot glz.

The chrome lower belt guard you have fitted, is that a HD part or aftermarket? I'm lookin to get one.

Smasha
It's A HD part... Thanks :)

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
runit1971 said:
Are they round like the stock grips hard to tell from the pics. Anyone leave them out in the sun do they heat up. Live in texas :spank:
No not round, I will post close up pictures but they have two square edges, the rest is mostly round. I think heat may be a problem. the way they mount, you will end up with a fare amount of chrome against a few fingers. Not a problem with light gloves but if left out in the sun they could be hot to the touch for a second or two with no protection.

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are a few pictures...

Harleyvrodguy;
I just sent the shocks to skullman to get them shortened Monday. I'm in the middle of making a few more mods but I can put it together for a run anytime... just give me a call when your free...

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks good I cant wait to get mine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts