Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-VRSC-X-Men-III-Edition-2006-VRSC-V-ROD-X-MEN-Collectors-Edition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49997QQihZ008QQitemZ180144856944QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Like lux said, looks stock.

luxlamf said:
One of them was parked out side the studio one day, A Very STOCK VROD, I took some picts (mine looks so much better.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=762685&postcount=1
Looks like slapping on an x-men logo on top of HD nearly doubles the price?! :deal: (current bid $16,998 and reserve not met! -- compared to stock bikes going for around $10k)

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
"The red line is at 9000 RPM’s and I have never seen a motorcycle with a red line that high."

Aparrently he hasn't seen many motorcycles.

I can see the price being justified as a collector's item if they changed more than just the air box cover. Pretty crappy deal if you ask me...

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
in 06 they didn't have a anodized Vrod did they??? So it must be the only anodized 06 ever made, just for the movie :confused:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I guess even the movie guys think the anodized is the best lookin V out there, so they buy a new bike and have custom anodized tins to go on it :thumb: I don't know why they didn't just buy a 02 and change the airbox cover though.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
It was a give away bike that his wife won so any $$ they get for it is free money. I wonder how greedy they are going to be and what they set the reserve for. Great looking bike but someone is going to be spending ALOT of $$ on accessories and mods on that very stock VROD.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I wish him the best of luck. There is some comic book convention type (see below) out there that would trade a nad for this thing probably. Obviously he doesn't know much about motorcycles but he doesn't appear to be a crook to me from his ad. Ignorance is forgivable, at least he didn't say it was titanium.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
cool that its limited production but retarded that its that expensive... are these serial numbered bikes? And do they include letter of authenticity.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
I bet this dorks' wife is the HIGH bidder for the auction, you know to try to get some action going on! HAHA $17k for that I would rather have my tins signed by Willie G then they those X-Men ones.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Somebody I am sure will want it...the beat up POS Camrro from the movie Transformers sold for over 30K

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I could see if Hally Berry was naked on it then its priceless
If Haley Berry ever sat on it naked and left a snail trail on the seat, I'd buy it myself.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
ohioVROD said:
I bet this dorks' wife is the HIGH bidder for the auction, you know to try to get some action going on! HAHA $17k for that I would rather have my tins signed by Willie G then they those X-Men ones.
why such a nasty attitude?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
why such a nasty attitude?
Was I being nasty, sorry just think its ridiculous price thats all. Think about it!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
ohioVROD said:
Was I being nasty, sorry just think its ridiculous price thats all. Think about it!
i definitely agree its a ridiculous price... and I also think that if HD charged more than $50 for a sticker on a bike it is crazy as well.... I am all for having something "limited production" however when there wasn't more done to the bike than they did to those then you can only expect its value to be slightly greater.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aparently... its a painted scheme on the anodized tin... and you can only get it (with the colour coded) from HD with your bike serial#...

I personally see no wrong in valuing your bike more than others can explain... That's what HD passion is all about anyway... or isn't it?

Good luck and hope they get even more than they want for it!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts