Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 DX and I was wondering if the headlight and little fairing from the "X" would fit on my bike. I think it will just because it is all the same mounting location just a different bracket. Does anybody have a pic of the X headlight on their DX or any other model for that matter?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Not a good answer but the X headlight is the same as my 03 A.
I think the little stems that support the top of the screen will be different because the X has drag bars.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do you think that it will fit on my DX with no problems or am I just gonna have to make something to make it fit? In theory it should just bolt right up right guys? But, in theory commuism works, would like to know for sure before I go ordering parts.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
the screen would work but you would have to change to x bars too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why's that, does the mini screen mount to the bars as well?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Yes,it mounts to the top of the headlight bracket,it's hinged here,then there are clamps on the bars that accept the stems w little brackets that the stems clip into at the screen.It releases and tilts forward for cleaning.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah ha, so then could I just get the brackets for the stems and mount them onto my DX bars and run with it, or did the MOCO do something stupid and make those mounts a part of the bars on the X?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I think it would fit right on because the stems slide through the clamps that mount to the bars and you could probably put them anywhere that doesn't have a tight bend.The receptacles on the screen are cut at an angle for adjustment too.
The Drag Screen set up is expensive,I think over $500,also each part has to be ordered individually.FWIW the parts and pieces are very good quality.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks elrod. Well, guess it will be time to see how much it will cost me to do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts