Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched but found no hits. Does anyone else have problems with headlight glare bouncing off the wind screen. Low beam actually has better pattern "down the road" than high beam. High beam has big azz halo that illuminates a big circle like a flood but no increased distance down the road. What can be done to fix this?

·
Registered
219 Posts
QuickTripp said:
Searched but found no hits. Does anyone else have problems with headlight glare bouncing off the wind screen. Low beam actually has better pattern "down the road" than high beam. High beam has big azz halo that illuminates a big circle like a flood but no increased distance down the road. What can be done to fix this?
check this thread

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60821

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doc

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Definatly put the visor on,it also helps deflect the wind directly over my helmet,in fact I installed it while waiting for my shield to come in.
I take the bike out on a flat road at night w a wrench in hand and adjust the headlight,the book procedure doesn't work well for our bikes,my low beam is a tad low but still gives me a good veiw.It takes a couple of trys because the angle changes when the suspension is loaded.
The V-Rod high beam has the halo for a wider side veiw but with some finess it can be adjusted for both modes to work well.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
Just when I thought I had my X perfect along comes a post about headlight flaws.
I just happened to have a spare visor and I installed it today. It came off my VRSCA. I replaced my VRSCA's sport windshield with the touring version. Both had visors so I used the spare for my X machine.

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
croctail said:
show us some pics guys
Of what? Headlight glare? The visor is almost imperceptable under the fly shield. Its not all that big but does seal up the space where the light bounces back.

·
VRSCX #395
206 Posts
RustyG said:
Of what? Headlight glare? The visor is almost imperceptable under the fly shield. Its not all that big but does seal up the space where the light bounces back.

just the visor on the bike got a picture in my head of a big chrome thing hanging off the top of the headlight

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Look here http://www.1130cc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73135&d=1173644351

I installed one on my A for looks.Both are installed backwards so there is more visor hanging over the light.The back needs to be trimmed a little by the bolts w some clear over the modified edge,the trimmed edge is hidden.
This visor was originally designed and sold w the clear windshield to keep the glare away.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
croctail said:
just the visor on the bike got a picture in my head of a big chrome thing hanging off the top of the headlight
My wife has my (our) camera and is out of town for a week or so. Will post picture once she gets back. If you see another V-Rod with a windshield it will have a visor on it so check it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts