Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to install VRSCX bars on my DX and have read some posts am i on the right track with the install

1) lower DX headlamp cowl
2) remove gauges
3) loosen handlebar clamps
4) loosen switchgear
5) remove left switchgear
6) slide bar out to the left
7) slide new bar through clamps and into right switchgear
8) fit left switchgear
9) slightly loosen clutch/brake ends to rotate slightly and tighten

no need to bleed if slightly loosened and rotated ? (i'm told the lines do not need to be changed DX ones fit with the above rotation)

sure i have read that you can slide the bars out from the left this means you only have to loosen switchgear and not take apart , think it was "rockerdan" that gave that advise

anything else ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump !

·
Premium Member
11,386 Posts
I did the exact opposite, I installed "DX" bars on my "X". Your list seems doable but I did remove the controls completely and secured them to the air box so there would not be any strain on the hoses. I had to replace the Brake line because of length. I used a "DX" line so you should have no issues there. Everything else was plug and play.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
sounds about right , do you need the bars still ?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great this confirms the DX brake line fits !

yes have ordered the X bars from dealer along with the ECM pin to do my rev-light install.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
knew i had read that you can do the bar install without disassembly of the switchgear

on this it does say he removed the master cyl's from the bar 's

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139384&highlight=slide+bars

i might be missing something important or kidding myself :chair: but i can't see why you lossen switchgear on the left and pull off , loosen throttle side and slide bar out , then side new bar in , this means no disassembly of the switchgear (like throttle cables and levers etc...)

o well ordered now its all a learning curve (but i hated removing my levers, throttle cables last time , broke the bloody brake light switch and fiddled with those brass throttle things for ages !)

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
i dont remember exactly what was involed , they were easy to install .
im sure i just slid them out the throttle side .

i dont know about the UK but here the part number was screwed up with HD , you order X bars and you got the DX bars so make sure before you get into this you got the right bars lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah cheers read up on this and it was confirmed on this site the correct part number was 55898-07 which is what i have ordered !

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
The bars have clamps like a dirtbike under the clocks (trying to sound continental), you don't have to slide them out you can lift them straight off. You can simply unbolt the hydraulics (again!) and the switches. No need to disturb any lines.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts