Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to trade nice and clean CFR chrome for V&H pipe. I would like something LOUDER !

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Cant see how a V&H would be any louder the cfr is just a straight through pipe!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may be wrong but i think the CFR has a baffle? And I"ve heard the V&H is louder if not the loudest. Have I heard wrong?

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
download those vids and you will see how each pipe sounds on accel and decel and also the DB ratings..... I have a CFR and the Indy is a bit louder....but according to the vids the Force have the highest DB

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took a look at the videos and they do offer alot of info on the pipes. I was surprised at the DBs of the CFR and the others. maybe my bud was wrong on telling me the V&H was louder. I was just trying to go bigger! Thats why i was looking to do a trade off. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I may be wrong but i think the CFR has a baffle? And I"ve heard the V&H is louder if not the loudest. Have I heard wrong?
The cfr doesn't have a baffle but I have fitted some home made lollipop type baffles.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Louder is Better!

i have a black Thunderheader that i guarantee is louder. my only concern with the CFR is does it hang lower than the T H ? you probably wouldn't be interested in mine as i have raced it and beat the shit out of it. i even dragged a hole in it at the Dragon's Tail. i am curious as to the height difference between the two. good luck in your search. with this pipe, a PCIII, SE cams, and filter kit i made 130rwhp and 85ft lbs.

·
Registered Ass
136 Posts
I have a set of SE 16 ga Double Barrels and if you take the baffles out you can hardly stand it... NICE and LOUD

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am willing to bet the loudest you will ever get on a v-rod is toxic exhaust. With the thunder header a close second..

·
i haz ghost flames
542 Posts
toxic are loud and sexy - the v lux are so sexy but people complain about loss of hp

1 - 19 of 19 Posts