Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Bayliner capri 20' 4 cylinder 3 liter mercruiser inboard and trailer that I would trade for a motorcycle trailer (would like a tandom axle, but I'll consider any)

My parents bought the boat new back in 89 or 90 and me and my brother had it as kids (so the body got pretty scratched) we ended up having it painting canary yellow with a red stripe. we've gotten other boats so this one has sat in my backyard for almost four years now. It was winterized when put on the trailer, I was the last one to drive it from the dock to the boat ramp and everything worked fine. But honestly with it sitting for four years I'm not sure if it has any problems. I'm sure spark plugs, battery, would have to be replaced. I'm no mechanic so I have no idea what happens when a motor sits for long periods of time.

Ok and my dumb ass brother was going to get the boat back up and running last summer and decided to try to make a "custom" interior which he never finished, so in my opinion the interior is ruined, it still has carpet and he did somewhat half assed finish the driver seat. Which the boat has been sitting for four years with no top on it, so it wasn't in good condition anyway.

So if you want it, drop your trailer with me and pick up the trailer and boat and I'll even throw in a beer when we meet :cheers:
I live just outside of Osage Beach, missouri 65065

Attachments

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
Gee Vic, can you make it sound any less appealing? :angeldev:

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
******* said:
That's what I was thinking... :stilpoke:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
******* said:
I was just trying to be honest, I don't want someone to think yeah I'll take it and get here and say WTF!!

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
Wow, you don't want those saddlebags on your bike even once a year, huh?

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, I'm not planning on trailering my bike anywhere at the moment, I just figured a trailer would some day get some use while the boat will probably never get used.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
I've got a coupla' of cat eye marbles, Ricky G's old skate key, an open pack of bottle rockets, a rusty reel type mower with a Brigg's that runs good, and a bottle of pain killers. Sound like a fair trade? :angeldev:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheatin said:
I've got a coupla' of cat eye marbles, Ricky G's old skate key, an open pack of bottle rockets, a rusty reel type mower with a Brigg's that runs good, and a bottle of pain killers. Sound like a fair trade? :angeldev:
always liked marbles, and bottle rockets and them brigg's & stratton's are damn tough, but......no :laugh:

and I posted a few pics above

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Hey, it looks a lot better than you made it sound. Might be a decent trade for someone after all.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it really is a good old boat, with some money in the interior it could be a great boat again. I've seen all the seats in JC Whitney magazines for not much $. it just got way too small for this lake and we've gotten bigger boats :D I've had a lot of fun on that boat. If anyone has ever been to the party cove, years ago that boat was the life of the party since it was "The Body Shop" boat, we used to own a :boobs: bar and we would ride around party cove with all the dancers handing out free passes :thumb:

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
lakedrunk said:
it really is a good old boat, with some money in the interior it could be a great boat again. I've seen all the seats in JC Whitney magazines for not much $. it just got way too small for this lake and we've gotten bigger boats :D I've had a lot of fun on that boat. If anyone has ever been to the party cove, years ago that boat was the life of the party since it was "The Body Shop" boat, we used to own a :boobs: bar and we would ride around party cove with all the dancers handing out free passes :thumb:
Damn, I've been wanting a decent boat again to take my family out with. Too bad you're so far away. It should be in good shape mechanically with no salt water through it, and yep, JC has that stuff cheap.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah I'd say URANUS is very far from me :laugh: if you want it and your going to KC I could put my bike in the bed of my truck and pull the boat behind me :D

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
It's in way better shape that you made it out to be. Did you guys paint the lower unit on the outdrive? If not, I have never seen a boat that was actually "used" that had the paint still on the lower unit!

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
******* said:
It's in way better shape that you made it out to be. Did you guys paint the lower unit on the outdrive? If not, I have never seen a boat that was actually "used" that had the paint still on the lower unit!
You said unit, heh, heh. Seriously, Vic is straight up people. I can see him doing reverse advertising to ensure no disappointments. Now you want to buy a [email protected] up boat you should see mine. Not sure its worth a bag of marbles and .........

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Damn Vic

That boat doesn't look nearly as bad as you described. In fact it may look better than mine (been sitting for 3 years).

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, yeah the paint is still good everywhere on it. while it was in the water it was always up on a hoist when not used so the paint stayed new on the bottom. the sides have scratches in them just because after we got a 36' cruiser we would let other people borrow this boat and many of them could not dock it well, but the scratches aren't deep.

I did try to advertise the way it is, I mean the interior really isn't good in it and it has been sitting for awhile so I was just trying to be honest. I don't want to piss anyone off. And I guess with living around this lake and seeing million to 3 million dollar boats this one in my eye doesn't really look all that good anymore :D

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
lakedrunk said:
Thanks guys, yeah the paint is still good everywhere on it. while it was in the water it was always up on a hoist when not used so the paint stayed new on the bottom. the sides have scratches in them just because after we got a 36' cruiser we would let other people borrow this boat and many of them could not dock it well, but the scratches aren't deep.

I did try to advertise the way it is, I mean the interior really isn't good in it and it has been sitting for awhile so I was just trying to be honest. I don't want to piss anyone off. And I guess with living around this lake and seeing million to 3 million dollar boats this one in my eye doesn't really look all that good anymore :D
You should try living in the town where the world famous houseboats are made. Everything us normal hillbillys own looks like junk.

Mine really is junk though.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
back around 10 years ago a 25 foot boat on this lake was a good sized boat, some people had 30 footers and everybody thought that was just too big. Now there are 70+ foot cruisers and 60' go-fast boats here. It seriously has gotten crazy around here. It's about impossible to go on the water on a weekend and not get beat to hell.

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
lakedrunk said:
back around 10 years ago a 25 foot boat on this lake was a good sized boat, some people had 30 footers and everybody thought that was just too big. Now there are 70+ foot cruisers and 60' go-fast boats here. It seriously has gotten crazy around here. It's about impossible to go on the water on a weekend and not get beat to hell.
Sounds like you need a Big Johnson! :rofl:

That's only funny if you've seen the thread by Kerri.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
robbwest said:
Sounds like you need a Big Johnson! :rofl:

That's only funny if you've seen the thread by Kerri.
:laugh: I just found it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts