Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
09F, what do you mean locking clamp for our model. Mine has the locking clamps. If you end up piecing a set together you’ll need 57619-09 x2. That’s the part number for the socket screws that replace the two Allen bolts in the F bars. And they are pricy little Fookers too. About $40 a piece. Here is a bit of information I wished I had when I got them. They are 9mm allens. Not 8 or 10 or anything off the SAE set. 9mm. I ruined the first set trying to get them in. If you get a new set they come with the wrench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
109 Posts
09F, what do you mean locking clamp for our model. Mine has the locking clamps. If you end up piecing a set together you’ll need 57619-09 x2. That’s the part number for the socket screws that replace the two Allen bolts in the F bars. And they are pricy little Fookers too. About $40 a piece. Here is a bit of information I wished I had when I got them. They are 9mm allens. Not 8 or 10 or anything off the SAE set. 9mm. I ruined the first set trying to get them in. If you get a new set they come with the wrench.

You have a set of clamps that have the security lock on them that fit the muscle? Harley makes 3 different size locking clamps to replace the original clamps and none of them state they fit the vrscf model. You replace one of the clamps with the locking clamp and you can lock the clamp onto the forks so no one can easily remove the windshield.

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
Oh, ok. I didn’t know that was even a thing. Or even that people go around snagging windshields.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oh, ok. I didn’t know that was even a thing. Or even that people go around snagging windshields.

I am concerned if I go to bike week in Ohio it could grow feet. I am going to drill and tap the left clamp so I can put chrome bolt into it and essentially lock the clamp to the fork. Here is a link to the clamp Harley makes that locks. But none of the 3 models fit the muscle.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/locking-quick-release-windshield-clamp

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
The lock is only there to keep honest people honest. A couple ratchet wrenches could defeat that by removing the bolts above it. If you just want to make it hard to take, I would use a pair of hose clamps around the clamps with loc-tite on them. That’s just a quick ideal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.