Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had one. Sold it.

That was a mistake.

Looking for a replacement one-- the H-D model.

I can always add VRSC-specific tools to my MotoHansa kit, but having a separate VRSC one would be easier (and take up less space).

TIA--

R.

Attachments

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
where does one store this tool kit on a bike with no bags. was it intended by HD to go under seat??

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where does one store this tool kit on a bike with no bags. was it intended by HD to go under seat??
DEFINITELY not under the seat. It's burly.

It fits fine in the bottom of the H-D F bags though.

I modified my F bags to be (sort of) easy on- easy off. If I road trip, they go on (with tool kit inside) as well as the shield. When I'm just riding to dinner, with friends or the like, they're off the bike as God intended. They only take about 20-30 minutes to put on or off, depending if there's beer in hand.

Of course, now that I have a GS for long distance riding and commuting, the bags and shield just sit and gather dust in my basement 99.99% of the time. Honestly, the only time I've used them in the past few years is once at Sturgis-- simply because they're handy to throw rain gear and swag into.

Or, if I want to Road Trip with a non-bike owning buddy, I set the F up with bags and shield and turn him loose while I ride the GS.

R.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts