Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a V-Rod motor. Prefer 1250. Cash. PM me and I will give you my cell number.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Not sure how to make a specific item link rather than a whole page on facecrap, but here is a pic of the ad. You can see group and sellers name.

Screenshot_20200522-074521.png

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
41K mile silver engine from 15 years ago - an unknown quality '05 in a 2017 V Rod ? No I don't think so. Not even for $ 1500, at least not for me - guess you could freshen it up but way too much hassle and expense. H-D needs to give Motor Mike a nice discount on a factory new engine install it and be done with it IMHO. Motor Mike any updates ?

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
41K mile silver engine from 15 years ago - an unknown quality '05 in a 2017 V Rod ? No I don't think so. Not even for $ 1500, at least not for me - guess you could freshen it up but way too much hassle and expense. H-D needs to give Motor Mike a nice discount on a factory new engine install it and be done with it IMHO. Motor Mike any updates ?
Well then. Do you like this one? 2013 Harley VRSCF Muscle V-Rod Perfect Running Engine Motor 17K -Video 19974-17K | eBay Note the compression test in the pics.
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
That's more like it !, and it's a Muscle engine. The S/E $ 1500 engine you could use the Muscle clutch cover off the failed engine to swap the oil dipstick position but I still wouldn't do it. It's kinda overpriced for an engine apparently out of a stolen bike that's been rattle can painted some kinda black - since it's going in a muscle maybe he could rinse the paint off the original silver engine beneath it - but it's still a bummer to have an unknown quality no warranty 4 year 15K mile older engine in a 2017 V Rod - that bikes begging for a new engine - at least that way the value of the bike is preserved. I don't think I'd even buy a 2 year old bike with an ugly older used engine in it unless I got at least a couple or three thousand discount and if you take that and add it to the cost of that used engine you can buy a new engine and install it so now you got something nice again. Just saying - I know beggars can't be choosers but there are downsides you just have to consider, especially on such a new low mile V Rod -

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That one is much better but needs work for that price. It is an option though. Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2015 - 2017 P/N 19974-15K, -16K, -17K Polished/Platinum Muscle Engine $ 7209.34 Internet price St. Charles H-D.
They are local to me. That's the exact same price Doc's H-D quoted me for a new engine. I'll have to get on their website.

·
Registered
586 Posts
They are local to me. That's the exact same price Doc's H-D quoted me for a new engine. I'll have to get on their website.
That better come with a stripper pole for that much. Shit. Telling you....call Scott or Vreeland. This bike isn't that great to spend automotive engine money on like that...

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Yea, a stripper pole with one hot babe & a few favours ! :LOL: Call Scott & Vreelands - sometimes they have built engines in the shop people didn't pay Scott had a Muscle engine about a year or so ago. I know donor engines are going to be $ 2500 - $ 3500 then you have to go thru it & Revo's ain't cheap - probably $ 1000 in parts plus labor $ 1500 - $ 2000 min for a low mileage example. Some parts may be OK like the gearbox, Alternator, side case covers etc. so some residual value to reduce the cost, add more $ to add power, so close to the new engine if you can buy it for 10% off it's $ 6488 with a year warranty - Time to make some phone calls Motor Mike ! - hey have you pushed them on the root failure, the originating cause ? Any more photos ? Thx -

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That better come with a stripper pole for that much. Shit. Telling you....call Scott or Vreeland. This bike isn't that great to spend automotive engine money on like that...
Wish I could have bought the crate motor and build for my corvette for that! I did reach out to Scott. Haven’t heard back yet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, a stripper pole with one hot babe & a few favours ! :LOL: Call Scott & Vreelands - sometimes they have built engines in the shop people didn't pay Scott had a Muscle engine about a year or so ago. I know donor engines are going to be $ 2500 - $ 3500 then you have to go thru it & Revo's ain't cheap - probably $ 1000 in parts plus labor $ 1500 - $ 2000 min for a low mileage example. Some parts may be OK like the gearbox, Alternator, side case covers etc. so some residual value to reduce the cost, add more $ to add power, so close to the new engine if you can buy it for 10% off it's $ 6488 with a year warranty - Time to make some phone calls Motor Mike ! - hey have you pushed them on the root failure, the originating cause ? Any more photos ? Thx -
No additional info or photos. I’ll be able to determine more next week.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Looking fwd to it we really need to find out what the root cause was. Can't believe the dealer doesn't know if they were arguing with H-D Mothership warranty dept in your favor on it - just doesn't make sense they wouldn't tell you ?! . It's all B/S.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking fwd to it we really need to find out what the root cause was. Can't believe the dealer doesn't know if they were arguing with H-D Mothership warranty dept in your favor on it - just doesn't make sense they wouldn't tell you ?! . It's all B/S.
They did know they were arguing with H-D on my behalf, maybe I said it wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Woops sorry that didn't come out right - what I meant was if the dealer was arguing with the H-D Mothership Warranty Dept. they absolutely should know what the root failure was on the engine - so why not tell you ? If they don't know what the root cause was for the engine failure they wouldn't have much of an argument with H-D Warranty IMHO - It's the difference between "Awe Come on we don't know what the root cause of the engine failure was but he's a loyal customer just a year out of warranty " and " The bolt broke and came out of the counterbalancer gear because it was mistimed to the crank from the factory and the rod bolts machined tracks in the C/B'er counterweights until the gear fell off, a rod bolt sheared and sudden stopped the engine, obviously a factory defect that should be covered for this very loyal customer that's owner 18 other H-D's " They have to know what the root cause of the engine failure was, prove it with photos, tell H-D and tell you or it's all B/S to the H-D Warranty Dept. - you're just a guy that laid a bike down and wrecked the engine ( even though we know it wouldn't have caused this type of failure ). That's what I meant -I didn't have time to write all that down. (y) ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts