Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this earlier but I am looking for some brackets for Ridged Vinyl covered Saddlebags. I purchased some on eBay & they came without brackets. Does anyone know if you can even purchase the brackets separately? :wazzup:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
There are part nos. for all the bolts, screws, shock mount supports, grommets, etc. etc., but I can't find any part nos. for the main left, right and rear saddlebag supports. Check with your local dealer to see if it is available as a separate kit.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I just did a search on the forum for Saddlebag support kit and there are pictures of the instructions, etc. The support kit is 79069-01 and retails for $227.00 or $181.53 discounted. You may also need all the mounting hardware which is in part no. 91170-01 or 79200-02. One is for the hard bags and one is for the soft leather bags. Just do a search and you will find all the part nos. I dunno how to post the links to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has been very helpful but when you say "The support kit is 79069-01 and retails for $227.00 or $181.53 discounted.", where does one get this "discount"? I have searched some dealers for this part & find them all trying to get pretty much list price...I must be missing something here? :wazzup:

Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
353 Posts
Justin,
Try Hales HD in Ohio, Zanotti Motors in Pennsylvania or Chicago HD. They routinely give 20% discounts.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Justin,
The $181.53 was the 20% off price at Chicago Harley. The Zanotti price is $178.14; plus shipping at both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts