Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skimmed the Google machine and briefly the forums but have not turned up much. I'm a shorter guy(5'6") buying my buddies night rod off from him. I'd love mid controls but the search feature has shown me that is not the best option considering lack of availability. So was going for reduced reach kit, the pegs and seat,maybe bars if those 2 don't work out well enough. Having trouble finding ANYTHING reduced reach for an 08, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mids would work best for you. I'm a short 5'8" and ride a 2006 VRSCD with mids. I started with forwards, but was able to locate mids to do a swap with a guy for my forward controls. I used one of the Facebook groups. We each inventory of our parts, boxed everything up, and shipped to each other in good faith! Everything worked great. Make sure you know how to install, and know what parts you need. It seems like forward controls are more popular, so if you look hard enough you should find someone willing to swap. Otherwise, keep a lookout on Ebay.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,560 Posts
There are/were reduced reach foot peg mounts, seats and handle bars. Browsing ebay, the classifieds here and possibly some of the V-Rod FaceBook pages you can find some.
Since you have a clamp on handle bar instead of the welded "T" bar it's easier to find any number of possible handle bar types and bends that will bring them back closer to you. Only problem you may encounter is then needing longer cables and hoses or rerouting them.
As for the seat I had mine rebuilt with more foam at the rear to push me forward. That was after I had my mother make me up a neat slip on pad that I used a few years before the rebuild, if I can find it I'll take a photo and post it.
There is a guy that offers forward peg mounts who also offers reduced reach mounts but can't think of who just at the moment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was reading a bunch of forum posts last few nights,since securing a deal on my buddies 08. IIRC a few posts said if you contact Corbin to make you a seat they will add more foam so make it a reduced reach.i figured I'd start with the seat first then pegs before messing with bars and cables. But thank you guys for the info and direction.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Reduced Reach Footpeg Kit-LCS5027002A - LCS Motorparts Here is a set of RR peg adapters. The part number is 50270-02a.There is another one called the RR Control kit. Comes with the pedals. Part # 50360-04. Don't waste your time on a Corbin seat unless you enjoy sitting on a $600 cinder block with backrest. I have a 32 in inseam. I didn't really need the RR stuff. But it was on my bike when I bought it. I put mini floorboards on it and It is like night and day from my 1st VROD in the comfort department. And I do mean NIGHT AND DAY. I wouldn't have it any other way at this point.

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
I was reading a bunch of forum posts last few nights,since securing a deal on my buddies 08. IIRC a few posts said if you contact Corbin to make you a seat they will add more foam so make it a reduced reach.i figured I'd start with the seat first then pegs before messing with bars and cables. But thank you guys for the info and direction.
Here is the stock kit "The new V-Rod Mid-Control Kit (P/N 50700013, $499.95)" looking on duckduckgo.com I never use google it can't find anything unless someone is paying for the add or they found it someones email! LOL To bad Harley has basically dropped all support for VROD's.

I would love to have these true mid controls but they are every model BUT "D & R". Night Rod mids are not mids they are REAR controls. LOL They are custom made so maybe you can contact them and ask? Mid-Control Kit For V-ROD

Found one on ebay but I think you also need some frame changes? And they are double what the original kit cost. :(
Harley V Rod Vrsc Mid Control Kit R & L Side everything in pics included | eBay

·
EXCELSIOR
8,560 Posts
Found one on ebay but I think you also need some frame changes? And they are double what the original kit cost. :(
That is a valid comment. The left side of the bike the foot peg attaches to the lower rear frame, a triangle section that supports the gas tank. If your model didn't have the pegs then HD didn't drill and tap the mounting points so it would require doing so. Only issue is that when you break through the steel with your drill bit your right up against the plastic gas tank. That could lead to all sorts of bad day scenarios.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thank you all for the replies. I've been banging my head against the wall trying to find anything. Seemed like the RR seat would of been the best bet to start with but it seems it's not listed for an 08 so I'm SOL there. Slowly but surely I'm building options and compare and contrast so can purchase

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here is the stock kit "The new V-Rod Mid-Control Kit (P/N 50700013, $499.95)" looking on duckduckgo.com I never use google it can't find anything unless someone is paying for the add or they found it someones email! LOL To bad Harley has basically dropped all support for VROD's.

I would love to have these true mid controls but they are every model BUT "D & R". Night Rod mids are not mids they are REAR controls. LOL They are custom made so maybe you can contact them and ask? Mid-Control Kit For V-ROD

Wow this is really nice. The only reason it wouldn't work on VRSCD and VRSCR is that those models came with factory "mids" (rears as you call them!) and this kit is meant to mount to a bike with forward controls. Very nice. Might be worth the money for a true "mid controls" kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe I looked into that initially,as it's only available threw HD themselves and they are discontinued.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I've found em for up to 06 and I want to say 09 and later,or whatever years their were slight changes.i found a guy that makes custom seats from your stock Harley pans,and I was told if you include in the order submission want it to be reduced reach hell make it so you are a little farther forward and lower I believe,if you want that information I can put up the link,but it may already be in this discussion thead

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sure, please post the contact info.... I didn't see it elsewhere...... thanks - seems like a reasonable option.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts