Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a set of the Progressive heavy duty 440 shocks they bought and found out they are too firm? I have been wanting to order a set but $500 alot of money to pay out and not like the way they ride. My total ride weight is about 450-500 lbs with wife saddlebags and t-bags loaded. We occasionally bottom out with the 418's that are currently on the bike.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
i have them and love them. plenty of adjustment. i have mine set to half way and never bottom out with about the same combined weight as you mention (depending on what the girl decides she "needs" to stuff into the barrell).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Luigit, if I remember right I think I met you at the 2006 KC ralley. I found a really good deal on a set of used black 440's but I prefer the chrome ones. For the price though I will not pass them up unless a set of chrome ones comes along in the next couple days. We are planning a long weekend ride in three weeks and I get a sick feeling in the gut when the bike bottoms out.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
wow i remember that rally. those were the days. as far as the shocks as long as they are the HD ones you will be fine. And they are real easy to adjust too (i think they can be adjusted as much as 10 turns from one end to the other).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts