Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bent the figure 8 clamp while installing a CFR a few weeks back. I went ahead and installed like that and just noticed today that air is leaking out. I have double checked the torque and verified that's not the problem. I guess using a screw driver to wedge it open was not the best idea...now looking for one to replace.

Anyone willing to part ways with one?

·
Registered
500 Posts
texasnightrider said:
I bent the figure 8 clamp while installing a CFR a few weeks back. I went ahead and installed like that and just noticed today that air is leaking out. I have double checked the torque and verified that's not the problem. I guess using a screw driver to wedge it open was not the best idea...now looking for one to replace.

Anyone willing to part ways with one?
PM me your address. I have one for you for the cost of shipping......

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
trying buying another clamp bolt with threads its entire length....tighten the shit out of it and it should solve the exhaust leak problem......don't use a torque wrench, just keep tightening until the leak stops.....the bolt should not break, trust me......

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Capt Frog -- Thanks a ton for shipping the clamp. I installed last night! PM me with your email address or let me know how I can pay for the shipping.

How awesome for another member to just give a part away to a fellow member!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
texasnightrider said:
Capt Frog -- Thanks a ton for shipping the clamp. I installed last night! PM me with your email address or let me know how I can pay for the shipping.
Not a problem....Better for you to get some use out of it then for it to collect dust in my shop.....Shipping not an issue, just 'Play it Forward':)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Capt Frog --

Would you have any interest in this real fire horn cover (thread pasted below), shipped to you for free? I've had it sitting in my garage now for some time as well. Per your gesture, I want to "Play it forward" to you. If you do not have a need or want it, how about we play it forward to another member who does have a need. Wonder how far a thread like this would go with members parting ways with items such as these just collecting dust in our garages. Let the good karma keep rolling along..... I feel like I'm definitely in need of some good karma after bedning my front wheel on a pothole and now having a hard time finding a replacement wheel at a reasonable price.....

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72182

·
yellow turbo SE2
731 Posts
texasnightrider said:
Capt Frog --

Would you have any interest in this real fire horn cover (thread pasted below), shipped to you for free? I've had it sitting in my garage now for some time as well. Per your gesture, I want to "Play it forward" to you. If you do not have a need or want it, how about we play it forward to another member who does have a need. Wonder how far a thread like this would go with members parting ways with items such as these just collecting dust in our garages. Let the good karma keep rolling along..... I feel like I'm definitely in need of some good karma after bedning my front wheel on a pothole and now having a hard time finding a replacement wheel at a reasonable price.....

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72182

what kind of wheel are you looking for? I have a stock one off of my 03
steve

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the note Steve. My bike has slotted disc wheels. I am looking for a set of spoked wheels for the long term but just need to find something to ride with for now. Is yours a solid disc?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts