Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I installed my base plate several months back along with the sissy bar and luggage rack. I decided to remove the sissy bar and luggage rach this weekend only to find that I did not keep the bolt covers that originally came with the base plate. I must have thrown them out with the packaging.

Anyone have a spare set that you are looking to get rid of? Or, any ideas on what I can to to cover the holes? I believe they are 4mm and 4.55mm bolts.

Thanks.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
Ha! I'm reading this thinking I'm not the only one. I'm going to take my base plate off and go down to the hardware store. They'll have the bolts perhaps in chrome and it'll be a lot cheaper than HD.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you haver any luck finding these? I'm not even sure what the correct name or part number is for these - I don't think bolt covers is the right term. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
My damn heavycycles stage two tail light jumped off my rear and bailed on me after work. Sorry. I'll try and get to the hardware store tomorrow.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stopped by a dealership today to try and find these screws. We were able to find a part number for the larger screws -- 4472M -- they are actually called "Button head" screws and the size is M8 x 1.25 x 10mm.

Unfortunately, there was no part number for the 4 smaller screws used to hold the upright.

I did go ahead and order the short ones and a set of longer M6 screws which I will have to chop in order to use for this. Total was about $10 at the dealership after wasting about 20$ worth of gas driving around looking.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
actual ,there is a set from HD for this (needs little shortning)
chrome hardwarekit sissybar 94112-04 (8$)

·
----->
7,589 Posts
ANNIEZZ said:
actual ,there is a set from HD for this (needs little shortning)
chrome hardwarekit sissybar 94112-04 (8$)
Damn I had those in my hands all the way up to the counter and then decided not to buy them. Thanks for doing the Research for my cheap ass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts