Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one for sale? Running a 28T now. Will I also need a speedo gear to recalibrate? Are these gears hard to replace?
I have an 05 model, running 180 rear. Tks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone have one for sale? Running a 28T now. Will I also need a speedo gear to recalibrate? Are these gears hard to replace?
Tks.
I am also interested in one. I hope you find one, I haven't been able to have any luck...(new or used)

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Bike year and model may help. No such speedo gear that I know of... I believe that certain tuners like the SEPST can recalibrate but I may be wrong.

·
Noel
4,613 Posts
SRoss or Kevin, are either of you still in the market for a 26tooth front sprocket?
I have one which fits the 2004 era with a 180/200 rear tire.

Recalibration of the Speedo is not so easy, SERT will prompt for the 28 tooth upgrade (from the 30tooth), but has no calibration for teh 26tooth, so you just live with the 7.1% inaccuracy.

Let me know if your interested, make me an offer VIA PM.

·
Noel
4,613 Posts
SRoss or Kevin, are either of you still in the market for a 26tooth front sprocket?
I have one which fits the 2004 era with a 180/200 rear tire.

Recalibration of the Speedo is not so easy, SERT will prompt for the 28 tooth upgrade (from the 30tooth), but has no calibration for teh 26tooth, so you just live with the 7.1% inaccuracy.

Let me know if your interested, make me an offer VIA PM.
What do you want for the 26t? Does the gas milage go down much?
I have an 03 will it fit?
I just sold it to another member, sorry folks.
Contact Fitzgerald Motors for more information, but I'm pretty sure it would fit an 03, if I am wrong then a change of the output flange is all that's needed, which I think this was the issue for the 02's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts