Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 knightrod 40k miles v&h comp header pcIII and K&n filter put on about8k miles with mods no problem decided to ask the stealer for an upgrade to a platinum plug so the young feller gets out his trusty computer and gets the PN and away I go . Well less than 900 miles later after some serious speed the bike dies , long story short plugs burnt to a crisp (electrode and ground prong gone) got it home changed plugs and wont start, checked with another dealer weather the plugs were correct no way they are twin cam racing plugs so I get to fix it myself where do I start? I think I already boogered up the codes cause all I get is p 0113 w/pn32376-06a and on te s code pn67453-05a and pn68920-01d by the way spark plugs are se32186-10. I think the ecm is shot as I have no spark and no fuel . I have been checkin for info here for years this is the first time I had to ask my own question thanks in advance for any help

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
There are no SE plugs for the Revo_Only double life's and stock from Harley.
sorry for your luck, but since the dealer gave you the wrong plugs after cross referencing to find a non existent SE match for the Revo engine, that dealer should be the one to fix this problem for free.

Quick SEARCH for Spark Plugs pulled back some good info as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was quick

Thanks for the fast response, but we all know the dealer isnt gona fix it for me but I have yet to bring the problem to them they are closed on tue and wed so...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Biker bobs the dealer, I hang out in detroit and muskeegon more than monroe, the plugs on vrods are also some kind of sensor for theanti knok system or so I gather from reading some of the posts here not sure what is not working but I am sure it will turn out ok

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sure did checked fuses removed pcIII from circuit looked for frayed or disconected wires the usual stuff that you can see

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Well less than 900 miles later after some serious speed the bike dies , long story short plugs burnt to a crisp (electrode and ground prong gone) got it home changed plugs and wont start,
I'm far from an expert but it seems you were running extremely lean at high rpm's for an extended period of time and this is what probably burned the plugs off.
High ign timing from the ion sensing not operating correctly could also cause a lean condition.

Now what you need to do is isolate the no run condition to a specific area.
Are the new plugs firing?
Do you have injector pulse?
Do you have proper fuel pressure?
If these areas are operating correctly,pull the plugs and do a compression test.Doing a compression test is a little tricky on the front cylinder because of the mechanical compression release and the valve timing between the 2 cylinders.Use the service manual as a guide for the compression test on your 1130 engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no washing or working on the bike for a few 100 miles no rain rides , i was going 120mph 5 or 6 miles before it failed and that was all she had felt like the rev limiter was kicking in . there is no spark and no fuel when I turn it overafter I turn the key off it makes a buzzing noise from the throttle body area that lasts about 10 seconds I never noticed it before this problem it does produce a boom from the exaust a few of the times I tried to start it so some fuel must be getting in but cannot see it in the throttle body

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Of course you won't see fuel.The fuel is injected into the intake ports.
You need to test each system independently with proper the tools.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Duh I guess I should look at the manual pictures so i would know that but still there is nospark. is there a continuity and or resistance test for the coils should i get a electronics manual?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
maybee I will stick to riding and breaking it and pay the fixer when needed although its not quite rocket science I will take a fresh look at the manual and the bike before I post anything else, I have had success at other mods got the 5 gallon tank integrated tailight wave rotors and more .

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
P0113 is IAT sensor open. Make sure you plugged it back in after changing the plugs.

32186-10 are EVO, TC plugs that run 2-3 steps hotter then the V-Rod plugs. This would concern me as they will not dissipate heat like they should which can cause severe damage. They may also have JIS overall length which could have pushed the springs up in the coil boots so now they are not contacting the correct plugs. Remove the coils, insert one of the coil screws into the spring, and carefully pull them down a bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, didnt even look at that as possible reason for lack of spark will check in the am and get back to post the results (bike is at friends house)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts