Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, It finally happened. Laid it down so I would not hit the car in front of me. Could not slow down in time. Seemed like it instantly locked up. Good news is I walked away with just a very small scratch on my finger lol. But, Not so lucky for the Muscle! I hope they total it but you never know. It still ran after the wreck. But, I consider my self very lucky.

·
Registered
150 Posts
A chunk of metal can be fixed or replaced fairly easily, not so your body and its limbs, Rickstang was indeed very lucky and has every right to feel that way, work a few bike accidents like I have and that point gets driven in real hard. Hey it's great to be fond of your ride but you need to keep things in perspective.

Good on ya Rickstang, hope they total it out for you.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Sucks, but glad to hear you're OK. Any pics of the carnage?

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,147 Posts
I have to agree you have been blessed. Glad you are not hurt.

I would much rather destroy my bike and walk away with a finger scratch than any other negative scenario.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A chunk of metal can be fixed or replaced fairly easily, not so your body and its limbs, Rickstang was indeed very lucky and has every right to feel that way, work a few bike accidents like I have and that point gets driven in real hard. Hey it's great to be fond of your ride but you need to keep things in perspective.

Good on ya Rickstang, hope they total it out for you.
IDK, It pretty much tosted every thing on the handlbars, left side exhaust all the plastic, lights, foot pegs. And were the footpegs go in the frame it bent the metal anout 3/4 of a Qaurter. But my brother is telling me that its prob not totaled. But, I wish it was so i can just get a new one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sucks, but glad to hear you're OK. Any pics of the carnage?
No but I will try and get some. I was on my way back to the fire station so I brought it home and got in my truck and came right back to work. I really am very lucky. I flew trough the air about 15 or so feet and landed on my face first. But here is what really saved me. I slid mostly in grass. I only had to deal with about 10 feet of asfalt. Thank you lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
You are still here to post. You ARE lucky!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Glad you were able to walk away with your life & health in tact.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Sorry to hear about having to lay your bike down but I'm glad you walked away from the accident... I just went thru the samething last month, the insurance company totaled the bike, I didn't want to pay what the salvager offered the insurance company to buy the bike back, ended up buying the turbo and pingle ez shift kit and they can have the rest... Bikes can be rebuilt, bodies not always so :)... Goodluck with your insurance company...

·
Autobanmod
9,893 Posts
Glad you didn't have any injuries, that is the most important right now.
But what puzzles me is your comment on the ABS. I had a chance to ride my cousins muscle two weeks ago and the ABS worked flawless, awesome decelleration! I wished I had that on my A...
If something was wrong with your ABS and the bike was regularily serviced by an authorized service company and you didn't do anything stupid with the system then you should get an independant surveyor / lawyers involved ASAP.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
How can you not know if your bike has abs or not?

There must be a little wire running along the brake line near the front caliper i believe, correct if i am wrong

Sorry for ya guys for the accident that sucks you had some:angelwin:

Around 1987 i was into an accident, i flew over the car never touch it, barely a small scratch on my back not my time to die lol

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
There must be a little wire running along the brake line near the front caliper i believe, correct if i am wrong

Sorry for ya guys for the accident that sucks you has some:angelwin:

Around 1987 i was into an accident, i flew over the car never touch it, barely a small scratch on my back not my time to die lol
correct, on the right side of the bike are the pickups. Just dont understand how someone could not know if they have it and not tried it out ahead of maybe needing it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts