Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seemingly we are the red headed step children......so I pose the question......

Would you have still bought it if it didnt have the HD badge on the "fuel tank".

My mate got me onto HD's......he had a softail custom that came with a lounge chair seat......disastrous......anyway.....I didnt not want to follow suit......so wanted to be different......and the Vrod fits the mark........

So for me if it didnt have HD on it I would have still bought it.......unless it was a Hyosung......hahaha.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Wouldn`t buy any other Harley .Way too slow and outdated .I truly bought my bike for the engine .

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Interesting question. I bought my NRS because when it came out I thought it was a sick ass bike. 2 years later I got one. But to answer the question, yes even if it wasn't a HD I'd still have bought it... But I sure wouldn't have paid that much for it if it wasn't...

·
Registered
801 Posts
I would of bought it. I'm honestly glad that the Vrod is the bastard black sheep of Harley. I'm not a big Harley fan. I don't like MOST of their bikes other than the sporty versions of them. I'm not married to any brand even tho I am aware of the stigmas that some have.

I was actually looking for a Kawasaki Stryker when I found a used Night Rod Special for sale at the Honda/Kawasaki dealership I was looking at. At first I was weary about it, but after some research I found out it was the most advanced thing Harley's got in their arsenal and the reviews were good... So I bit on it. It was actually cheaper than the Stryker new, and they gave me a 2 year warranty. So it was basically like buying a new bike.
The Stryker woulda been cool tho.
I'm kind of in the process of eliminating as many Harley logos as I can. I've got two Porsche decals on mine. Most people can't figure out what it is. I like to keep em guessing.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Mine doesn't have an Emblem on the fuel tank.

I saw the bike on TV, Never had one before because I never had any interest in one before, went to the dealership, sat on it, liked the "Feel" the Weight, foot and seat position etc... Felt Comfortable fr a 1st bike (Despite all the Warnings from the Pro Pocket Protector types). Went home, looked online for several weeks and had one delivered from Texas sight unseen 2 weeks later, several $$$$ less than any dealership.
Did it Matter that it was an HD? Many find this Hard to Believe but No It didn't, But it being an HD and the little I knew about them except for moronic statements I heard from my youth etc.. that "If it dont drip oil on the showroom floor it aint a Harley" and just basic Thrill so many took in the fact they where poorly made vehicles that broke down all the time and people loved that about them from what I could tell and the few people I knew with bikes where all Ducatis. So I Made sure my bike had an extended warranty, thats what mattered in the end because it said HArley on it (And well over $10k in fixes since made me glad I did).

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine doesn't have an Emblem on the fuel tank.

I saw the bike on TV, Never had one before because I never had any interest in one before, went to the dealership, sat on it, liked the "Feel" the Weight, foot and seat position etc... Felt Comfortable fr a 1st bike (Despite all the Warnings from the Pro Pocket Protector types). Went home, looked online for several weeks and had one delivered from Texas sight unseen 2 weeks later, several $$$$ less than any dealership.
Did it Matter that it was an HD? Many find this Hard to Believe but No It didn't, But it being an HD and the little I knew about them except for moronic statements I heard from my youth etc.. that "If it dont drip oil on the showroom floor it aint a Harley" and just basic Thrill so many took in the fact they where poorly made vehicles that broke down all the time and people loved that about them from what I could tell and the few people I knew with bikes where all Ducatis. So I Made sure my bike had an extended warranty, thats what mattered in the end because it said HArley on it (And well over $10k in fixes since made me glad I did).
But you do ride the piss out of it !!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
I think I'd have to say no, I wouldn't have. I went into the dealer thinking I was going to buy a Dyna, the one I liked happened to be sitting next to a D. I got the D. If it hadn't been there I'd be on a dyna right now.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
I dunno, if it wasn't a Harley, I couldn't overspend on HD logo'd do-rags, jackets and and chaps :angeldev:

Actually, I like my VR despite it being a Harley.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
No.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,153 Posts
As an ex-sport bike rider, I never felt any desire for a Harley (that much chrome in one place kind of scares me). My buddy bought an A, and I really liked it-- except for the forward controls. Found about the R, got one, and sold my sport bike shortly thereafter.

Personally, I have a fairly dim view of "The Company"; they're a dinosaur technologically and seem more interested in selling t-shirts and "lifestyle" than interesting bikes. Honestly, the R being a Harley is almost a detriment to me. I got it because it was a fun bike, reasonably fast, and somewhat maneuverable. But it being (sort of) a Harley had absolutely no bearing on my purchase decision.

Just my 0.02.

R.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would have paid more if it HAD NOT had the moco name on it. If it was just about any other brand...parts would be cheaper, and easier to get. Either way your not accepted by the Harley crowd so I don't see any pluses to it being one.

On a side note my neighbor has a Sportster and told me he gets no respect from the HD crowd either.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
For me it could of had shitheapus biggus (latin for not so good) written on the side of it.When i saw my first NRS I thought finally some styling sorely missing in a production motorcycle for a long time.After twenty odd years away from bikes this thing says welcome back in a big way.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
i hear that Tony ..... i still remember where i was the first time i saw a black and orange striped VROD ...... i lost my $HIT and had to have one ... the style, sound and riding position all did it for me !!!!

·
brett
9,338 Posts
it was the fact it was h.d that nearlly stopped me from buying a vrod .gld i did but still dislike most things about h.d and the bulllshit that goes wiith it

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
1 - 20 of 290 Posts