Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok every time I look at this it pisses me off, but not really surprising at the same time. I changed my plugs awhile back (which where suppose to be changed by stealership but wasnt) and I found this. It fell off from bottom of cover. I did not alter/tear this in anyway. Long story on why this is the way I found it but UNACCEPTABLE to me!

The rear rocker cover was having a "SLIGHT" leak. I tried to tell them to get a new cover and that it had some how gotten worped, but after 4 times they finally descided to listen to me.

When I did the plug change it was late at night so no stealers were open. Out came the RTV. Took me a couple of times to get it right (not leak) and so far so good. I do have a new gasket but havent put it in yet as I do not see the need to do that at this time.

All thoughts, suggetions are welcomed here!

Joe

Attachments

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
is that the throttle body to air cover gasket I presume ?
If so, what did the stealers do when you took it in ? Anything that would have required them to remove the lower air cover ?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I wish I were surprised. After doing 99% of the work on my bike myself this past year, I've come across more than my share of stealership cover ups. Sucks, but just another reason to do the wrenching myself..
I too paid to have my spark plugs changed, and discovered they were not. I had already moved to CA from OH, so no hope of recouping that money.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes sir. And to top it all off they "stripped" the bolts on the rocker covers...the ones you cant see! Soooo now I am trying to figure out what to do I future I gota take these for some reason? BASTERDS!!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Yes sir. And to top it all off they "stripped" the bolts on the rocker covers...the ones you cant see! Soooo now I am trying to figure out what to do I future I gota take these for some reason? BASTERDS!!
same thing happened to me... I'm not alone... I'M NOT ALONE!:angeldev:

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. Henderson HD. No complaints here from RR or Las Vegas HD at all.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I normally do my own service but take it to the dealer for valve lash adjustment. Everytime I have had the air cleaner off after having it serviced at the dealer I find that the gasket has not been replaced. It should be a common service item, replaced anytime the air cleaner bottom is removed.
I have tried to buy the gasket from the dealer and was told that it was not in stock and had never been stocked by the dealer! Way to be on top of things. V-Rods have only been around for 9 years now. WTF!

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bird if you need/want one let me know I can get one for ya.
Joe

·
Registered
82 Posts
NOTHING that a dealer would do or not do suprises me at this time. How about a dealer that over tightens your drive belt on service visit and then schedules you for 2 weeks later to bring the bike back in to fix it. Or buying parts and scheduling them to install them and they don't. Or can't change your STOCK 240 rear tire because their tire machine won't work. Oh, that was because my rear tire was so worn that the tire was too flimsy for their machine to work. LOL

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LMAO!! Yeah your right JM. Just BS excuse after another. And they (MOCO) wonder why there in deep :stac:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts