Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through some old websites and found a link to this Adrenalin Moto place. They said they have a variable height velocity stack kit which increases performance. Ok, I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, so can someone explain to me what this might do and if it actually might work? Thanks!

Link to velo stack kit.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I can't answer your question but note: only works with his throttle body as well. Looking forward to more informed answers. Doug

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Kerri variable velocity stacks can increase low rpm if you have no stacks at all and on a dyno may show a couple of horse gain at high rpm. Seat of the pants IMHO you will never feel the difference they offer.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, so they want around $500 for something that kinda sorta maybe helps a little? Yeah I think I'll pass on that one.

Thanks Max!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
NightMare said:
Wow, so they want around $500 for something that kinda sorta maybe helps a little? Yeah I think I'll pass on that one.

Thanks Max!
Kerri like I say on a dyno you will see true results, longer stack equal more torque and and as the stack shortens for wide open throttle the hp will come in more at the top. But the numbers are probably 3-5 hp tops and honestly seat of the pants I don't know anyone that can feel 3-5hp.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
NightMare said:

Thanks Max!
Get a turbo and do away with the stacks. :)

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh well, there...why didn't I think of that?! You gonna pay for it? I'll be yer bestest friend! :deal:

·
Caretaker for BADROD
293 Posts
Call Rob at Hal's in east berlin he had some adjustable stacks for V-rod for sale a couple years back he may still have some

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
NightMare said:

Thanks Max!

Kerri you didnt read the fine print. I would be way more than $500 when your done.

Please note: This is only compatible with the Hal’s V-Rod throttle body sold seperately.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
smoothrod said:
Kerri you didnt read the fine print. I would be way more than $500 when your done.

Please note: This is only compatible with the Hal’s V-Rod throttle body sold seperately.
I was just saying for the stacks themselves...I wasn't thinking of doing it, I just didn't know what it was supposed to do.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Only way this would benfit is if you are a everyday racer and need every last hp money can buy IMHO.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Hey..........how about putting one of those "Tornado" things on the velocity stack?? :stilpoke: :hidesbeh: :laugh:

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
From what I've been told, the stack length should be tuned in conjunction with the exhaust length. That's the reason the 2 stacks are different lengths in the stock engine. The rear cylinder exhaust is longer than the front.

·
mmmm Rrrrr
319 Posts
They must do something, the new R1 has 'em.

"The YCC-T on the new R1 also works in conjunction with a new system, the Yamaha Chip Controlled-Intake (YCC-I), variable intake system. With the YCC-I, velocity stacks above the throttle bodies are fitted to an actuator that can move them between two positions (and only two positions), varying the intake tract length from 65 to 140mm, to maximize power output based on the engine’s needs at the time. According to Brooks, there is no magic RPM number where the velocity stacks change position."

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
formula 1 cars use this technology with infinately variable length velocity tracts. it would probably take a lot of dyno time to make it work .

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
det said:
They must do something, the new R1 has 'em.

"The YCC-T on the new R1 also works in conjunction with a new system, the Yamaha Chip Controlled-Intake (YCC-I), variable intake system. With the YCC-I, velocity stacks above the throttle bodies are fitted to an actuator that can move them between two positions (and only two positions), varying the intake tract length from 65 to 140mm, to maximize power output based on the engine’s needs at the time. According to Brooks, there is no magic RPM number where the velocity stacks change position."

That would look sweet on the bike with a clear box, like the buell's, hmmm there's an idea anyone made any see through air boxes yet, since the 08 dx copied my paint.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts