Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dan Alt posted a photo of his NRS on Hogpro.com Bike # 112 Black Indy NRS 300 and HogPro said I could locate him on these forums. I would like to know which lowering kit he used and how much he lowered his bike? Which front and rear shocks did he use? Where can I get those all black front forks? And where can I get that plate above the headlight, I think it is called a clamshell?

Thanks for any info given

Michael

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Dan Alt posted a photo of his NRS on Hogpro.com Bike # 112 Black Indy NRS 300 and HogPro said I could locate him on these forums. I would like to know which lowering kit he used and how much he lowered his bike? Which front and rear shocks did he use? Where can I get those all black front forks? And where can I get that plate above the headlight, I think it is called a clamshell? ...
That bike looks like the last photo in this post.

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
Yea ... that's Dan's bike, but Dan hasn't been on the site since November.

He likely won't be on the site until the weather gets much better in the Buffalo area (end of April?) and riding season gets in full swing

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
Ah ..fresh new member..Welcom, i must warn you... there is a mod virus on this site... The more you hang around in various treads the more infected you get..:D

I hope you find the one and write him a PM.. you can also surf around and read signatures, and then shoot a pm...Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Ok, I'll help out here. The rear shocks are Arnotts. You can get a helluva deal on here in the group buy section (02 man). As for the front, probably progressive lowering kit. The front end has black vinyl wrap and the boots can be bought from any offroad truck store. Hope this helps. Handlebar setup is Rizomas... Mirrors are Jokers, can also get a great deal here (Sharkey).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help

Thanks! I already am infected I have the NRS bug Bad! I currently don't own a NRS but I am in the process of planning the customizing I going to want to do so thanks for any advice. When I get a NRS it will be a 2010 or newer.

MJW

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Holy premature moditis, batman! You are in serious trouble! Normally, the disease happens after you own one, and it has had time to overtake your central nervous system, making resistance hopeless! Welcome! 1 tip........Never drink and surf, particularly with a credit card handy! You get mysterious parts delivered! Joe

·
Registered
225 Posts
yea i had my mod list already before i bought my 08 DX.. but i didnt purchase any until i actually had a bike.....man my wallet is empty now...im still tryin to talk myself into spendin the money on a pair of rizoma gen1 bars (dam there sexy)

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I usually have my mod list done before I purchase too. Helps to have the endgame planned ahead of time, so you don't end up with a bike that looks like it was randomly planned (also saves you from boxes of stuff you really didn't want/didn't work clogging up your garage).

In this case, my bike was an "impulse buy". Was thinking how much I missed riding (gave it up due to being massively overweight). After reaching the 100lbs lost point, I REALLY MISSED riding. Walked into a stealership on a Saturday to look at new bikes, kinda liked the Road Glide but didn't really want another bagger. Walked around a corner, saw an NRS and fell instantly in love. 'Lauderdale didn't have a new one. Went to Miami on Sunday to see what they had. Rode mine home Monday afternoon (after a $60 cab ride too Miami, because I was too impatient to wait for one of my friends to give me a ride down).

8 months and nearly $30K later...

I keep telling myself "I'm almost done".

Yeah, RIGHT!

Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it sounds like most of you had your mod list before your bike. I plan on buying the bike before i buy any mod parts. I want to thank everybody for making me feel welcome on this board and look forward to having fun on here !

MJW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts