Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up y'all..... My work is thinking about sponsoring my bike..... I have worked out the particulars and I am looking for your guys input.

As it sits now.... is file dsc00111

What it will look like after..... is file Schneiderbike copy2

Vividdragon out of Arizona will be doing the paint work.:dance:

Keep in mind that I have used photoshop to render a rough sketch. If you want to see what flames I will be using go to www.vividdragon.com and look under RealFire on Black Style-I only it will be on Orange not Black.

What I need is.... suggestions for Wheels..... Please post up.... I want to go as wide as I can with the stock rear end and Fender!!!!

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Attachments

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Good luck with the project.....

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
You should not change the POW/MIA symbol. Its ment to be Black&White no other color. I can appreciate what your trying to do, but I would'nt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hd-v-rodder said:
You should not change the POW/MIA symbol. Its ment to be Black&White no other color. I can appreciate what your trying to do, but I would'nt.

:eek:fftopic:

That exact same image is being used on our ride for pride truck..... There is no disrespect in adding orange to the logo....

Tell me what the Meaning behind the WHITE?????

My Father is a Veitnam vet that had lost many a friend over seas....... The only comment that he made was....... Looks Great!!!!!

This original post is for Wheels!!!!!!!!!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
those are some mad photoshop skillz yo! LOL

good luck with the project, being sponsored is great

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VenomousSVT said:
those are some mad photoshop skillz yo! LOL

good luck with the project, being sponsored is great
My photoshop skills aren't even average at best.... but, thx....LOL

Anyone.... Idea's on Wheels???????

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Ram_Rod said:
...Tell me what the Meaning behind the WHITE?????
I do not know if the question is answered, but thought this might be of interest.
(http://www.gmasw.com/pow_flag.pdf)

POW/MIA Flag History and Origin
History of the POW/MIA Flag as a Recognized Symbol

In 1971, Mrs. Mary Hoff, an MIA wife and member of the National League of American Prisoners and
Missing in Southeast Asia, recognized the need for a symbol of our POW/MIAs. Prompted by an article in
the Jacksonville, Florida TIMES-UNION, Mrs. Hoff contacted Norman Rivkees, Vice-President of Annin
& Company that had made a banner for the newest member of the United Nations, the People's Republic
of China, as a part of their policy to provide flags to all UN member nations. Mrs. Hoff found Mr. Rivkees
very sympathetic to the POW/MIA issue, and he, along with Annin's advertising agency, designed a flag
to represent our missing men. Following League approval, the flags were manufactured for distribution.

The flag is black, bearing in the center, in black and white, the emblem of the League. The emblem is a
white disk bearing in black silhouette the bust of a man, watch tower with a guard holding a rifle, and a
strand of barbed wire; above the disk are the white letters POW and MIA framing a white 5-pointed star;
below the disk is a black and white wreath above the white motto YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN.

Concerned groups and individuals have altered the original POW/MIA Flag many times; the colors have
been switched from black with white - to red, white and blue, -to white with black; the POW/MIA has at
times been revised to MIA/POW. Such changes, however, are insignificant. The importance lies in the
continued visibility of the symbol, a constant reminder of the plight of America's POW/MIA'S.

On March 9,1989, a POW/MIA Flag, which flew over the White House on the 1988 National POW/MIA
Recognition Day, was installed in the United States Capitol Rotunda as a result of legislation passed
overwhelmingly during the 100th session of Congress. The leadership of both Houses hosted the
installation ceremony in a demonstration of bipartisan congressional support. This POW/MIA Flag, the
only flag displayed in the United States Capitol Rotunda, stands as a powerful symbol of our national
commitment to our POW/MIAs until the fullest possible accounting for Americans still missing in
Southeast Asia has been achieved.

On August 10,1990, the 101st Congress passes U.S. Public Law 101-355, which recognized the National
League of Families POW/MIA Flag and designated it 'as a symbol of our Nation's concern and
commitment to resolving as fully as possible the fates of Americans still prisoner, missing and
unaccounted for in Southeast Asia. Thus ending the uncertainty for their families and the Nation'.
Beyond Southeast Asia, it has been a symbol for POW/MIAs from all American Wars.

The importance of the National League of Families POW/MIA Flag lies in its continued visibility, a
constant reminder of the plight of America's POW/MIAs. Other than 'Old Glory', the POW/MIA Flag is
the only flag ever to fly over the White House, having been displayed in the place of honor on National
POW/MIA Recognition Day since 1982.

With the passage of Section 1082 of the 1998 Defense Authorization Act during the first term of the 105th
Congress, the..... 'POW/MIA Flag' will fly each year on:

Armed Forces Day - (3rd Saturday in May)
Memorial Day - (Last Monday in May)
Flag Day - June 14
Independence Day - July 4
National POW/MIA Recognition Day
(3rd Friday of September)
Veterans Day - November 11

The POW/MIA Flag will be flown on the grounds or the public lobbies of major military installations as
designated by the Secretary of Defense, all Federal National Cemeteries, the National Korean War
Veterans Memorial, the National Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the White House, the United States Post
Offices and at official offices of the Secretaries of State, Defense and Veteran's Affairs, and Director of the
Selective Service System.

'National League of POW/MIA Families' -- CALL THE LEAGUE UPDATE LINE: For the latest
information, 24-hours a day, call 202 / 659-0133. To make inquiries, call 202 /223-6846, send email to:
[email protected], or write: National League of POW/MIA Families
1001 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Suite #919
Washington, D.C. 20036-5504

http://www.gmasw.com/pow_flag.pdf

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Diamond Lil said:
I do not know if the question is answered, but thought this might be of interest.
(http://www.gmasw.com/pow_flag.pdf)

POW/MIA Flag History and Origin
History of the POW/MIA Flag as a Recognized Symbol

Concerned groups and individuals have altered the original POW/MIA Flag many times; the colors have
been switched from black with white - to red, white and blue, -to white with black; the POW/MIA has at
times been revised to MIA/POW. Such changes, however, are insignificant. The importance lies in the
continued visibility of the symbol, a constant reminder of the plight of America's POW/MIA'S.

http://www.gmasw.com/pow_flag.pdf
Thanks for the Link man............. I didn't thnk that the color had anything to do with the image itself...... it's the image and the message behind it that's important......

THANKS AGAIN for proving my point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great. Be sure to post some pics when it's done. Along with wheels make sure you add some of Pondo's swingarm caps.
p.s. If your work decides to sponsor a second bike, look me up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts