Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fear The Reaper
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: It came to my attention the other day that we may have to ride out to Sturgis. No big deal, but now I needed a Base plate, luggage rack and sissy bar. Luggage rack and sissy bar no problem, but the base plate still on back order... WTF. Now I'm in a pickle. So I asked V-Mod.com to see if they would possibly have one in stock. Backorder for them as well. Checked out Ebay, but the only person selling them has to order from HD (Don't understand that one)and send to you. So I call a couple of dealerships to no avail and call one that is only about 25 miles from my house. Much to my surprise he had one in stock. I tell him to it's mine and not to let it leave his sight. So now I finally have my base plate and 1 month till Sturgis bound. Thanks for reading my rant. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
 

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
Joined
·
2,913 Posts
RAZ said:
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: It came to my attention the other day that we may have to ride out to Sturgis. No big deal, but now I needed a Base plate, luggage rack and sissy bar. Luggage rack and sissy bar no problem, but the base plate still on back order... WTF. Now I'm in a pickle. So I asked V-Mod.com to see if they would possibly have one in stock. Backorder for them as well. Checked out Ebay, but the only person selling them has to order from HD (Don't understand that one)and send to you. So I call a couple of dealerships to no avail and call one that is only about 25 miles from my house. Much to my surprise he had one in stock. I tell him to it's mine and not to let it leave his sight. So now I finally have my base plate and 1 month till Sturgis bound. Thanks for reading my rant. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

:plause: :plause: :plause:
 

·
Out to Lunch
Joined
·
801 Posts
Chicago Harley told me that Harley was expecting another delivery to them on the 29th of June and from there it would take one to two weeks to get to the dealer and on to me.

Don't know how "big" this batch is but hopefully it'll end the short supply for awhile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Call Battle Creek Harley Davidson in Michigan. They called me that mine came in, but I already have one. Fits the 07 AW in Black. As for Jason, tell him Woody sent you. 269 979 2233
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Yajtsa said:
Chicago Harley told me that Harley was expecting another delivery to them on the 29th of June and from there it would take one to two weeks to get to the dealer and on to me.

Don't know how "big" this batch is but hopefully it'll end the short supply for awhile.
Thanks for the update. I hope I'm on the list. :deal:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I got my baseplate from V-mod.com today! and some other "bling". Been waiting about 7-weeks, but it was worth the waiting, looks nice and i sawed mucho dinero, half price of what i must pay here in Norway, incl. taxes.
Thank you SAM :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Finally got mine yesterday. Had to tap out the threads for the backrest frame mounting screws though. Looks well tasty. Just gotta coax the old lady on the back. I'd be out on it now if all the roads around here weren't closed because of the Tour De France - get some engines fer chrissake!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Me and my buddy both ordered a baseplate for the AW about 6 weeks ago. Finally got it this past Thursday. BEWARE! I also got the HD mid sissybar which does not line up very good. The bolts go it tight, very tight. My buddy stripped the head of one because it was going in so tight even after threading it in and out all the way. The bolt fits fine, but the holes on the sissybar do not which causes the bolt to go in tight. I sprayed WD40 on the bolts first then just went very slow, and even backed the bolt out, then back in at several points.

Glad you were able to fine the baseplate locally. Hope all works out well. I wasn't sure if I would get mine before Sturgis or not.
 

·
2007AW, 2010 Ultra
Joined
·
121 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Backed them out a little, washed off the bolts with WD-40, installed them to a "mechanic's" torque. Done deal. When i first bought the baseplate the dealership was using the 2006 catalog and bought one for the A. Well, mine being an AW didn't work too well. That's when the shop realized what the W stood for... So after a brief discussion they took the wrong one back, and were gracious enough not to charge me a re-stocking fee. I love the service you get with these guys! It's a good thing the sales guys are good at what they do.

:banghead:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
Will the base plate off the SE2 fit the CAW?

Since they are bith 240 rear tyres.
 

·
Fear The Reaper
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shed said:
Will the base plate off the SE2 fit the CAW?

Since they are bith 240 rear tyres.
No, different frame and fender.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top