Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
replaced my battery,battery tender on new battery stays solid green. bike wont start. sec lights flash no cranking? 2008 vrscaw security w/out siren. only electrical mod battery tender pig tails.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you hear any clicking noise either by starter or under airbox/seat location when attempting to start bike? If so, could be a bad relay. Only costs $5 to replace.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
How old is the battery in the fob?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
sounds like a loose connection. Double check the posts & cables

·
Registered
29 Posts
Normally 2 things cause a bike not to start. Spark or Gas. If the bike is not cranking it's an electrical problem. If it cranks but doesn't start, check for a spark. If you have a spark it's a fuel problem. Take the airbox off and see if there's fuel going in the throttle bodies as you try to crank it. If you have spark and there's fuel in the throttle bodies, it could be bad gas. Very common when something sits for a long period of time. Drain and refill the gas tank.
These suggestions are for a bike that was running fine the last time you started it. If you did any work on it and it won't start, you need to re-check your work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
both fobs batteries are as old as the bike (2008) RustyG thinks it has something to do with the sec. system & fobs so i am concentrating on those things. its not cranking boerod

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RustyG was correct the key fob batts were bad,friend of mine had 2 spare we tried them & it worked. thanks John thanks to all who tried to help!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
RustyG was correct the key fob batts were bad,friend of mine had 2 spare we tried them & it worked. thanks John thanks to all who tried to help!
I though I was the one that mentioned the fob batteries. Anyway glad you got it figured out.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I though I was the one that mentioned the fob batteries. Anyway glad you got it figured out.
Hal,
He was posting this problem on two forums and I was responding on this as well as the other forum which is where I mentioned FOB / security issues.
I'm sure he didn't mean to slight you.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Harleyworker, make sure you set a PIN so in case of FOB failure or loss you can start the bike. NO FOB NO PIN = New HFSM about $300

1 - 12 of 12 Posts