Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealership will not back or try to figure out why the wobble has occurred. hmmm I need help guys... i talked to the tech and he says that it is impossible to deal with the wobble. (SCRATCHING MY HEAD) He has tried to help a friend of his that has put a turbo on his nightrod and has come up with nothing. ++++braces did not work, dampners, and different tires did not work!!!!!!

I am asking have any other forum members experienced a insane wobble running the v rod at over 120mph??? My pride was just a lil nicked up when running with a few street bikes and i had to back off the throttle hehehehehehe

The tech told me that from 120-130mph that would happen

I hope this makes sense i am learning the bike lingo. please go easy on me ahahha thanks

Jon:hidesbeh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BIG TONY!!!!

OH MY ok its funny this is the one dealership that has the best reviews in my area. I may have to fly to OZ lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
We gonna look into those triple digits tomorrow afternoon!

·
Kidzap
1,065 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot. Any tech that tells ya you should expect a wobble at 120 - 130 has his head firmly up his ass. I'd be looking for a new shop to bring it to if I was you.

·
N R S N V
1,012 Posts
Jon, it could be as simple as your wheel weights on your front tire or your front tire maybe cupped or starting to. Just from reading this post, I would NEVER take my bike to whatever dealership you went to!!!
Is the wobble only over triple digits or does it happen before then? Will check it out tomorrow. And like Danny said....we'll check them triples tomorrow!!!! See you in a few hours good brotha.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I touched 220kph yesterday (chasing a LOH) and mine was as solid as a rock so there is something definitely wrong

·
JustSayNoToSlipons.
191 Posts
Reviews from who ..........I dare say air cooled patrons ?
Haha thats great. I had a guy the other day, who just bought a 06 street glide say, How can that have 125hp if its only a 76CI? I said, If you think I'm BSing, lets go run your 88CI glide. He now thinks I'm tellin the truth.

·
Registered
658 Posts
My Airhead mates are converts.
They bait other Airheads to run against me then sit back and laugh :D

·
Kidzap
1,065 Posts
Dealership will not back or try to figure out why the wobble has occurred. hmmm I need help guys... i talked to the tech and he says that it is impossible to deal with the wobble. (SCRATCHING MY HEAD) He has tried to help a friend of his that has put a turbo on his nightrod and has come up with nothing. ++++braces did not work, dampners, and different tires did not work!!!!!!

I am asking have any other forum members experienced a insane wobble running the v rod at over 120mph??? My pride was just a lil nicked up when running with a few street bikes and i had to back off the throttle hehehehehehe

The tech told me that from 120-130mph that would happen

:chair:

Well it's been a week. Did you ever figure out why you have a high speed wobble?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts