Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

Registered
Hell, I鈥檒l probably wobble when I hit 100 too!
(I鈥檓 surprised nobody else jumped on that!) 馃槤
its the rear tyre.the metzlers have softer sidewalls and i find them great,dunlops on the other hand have stiff sidewalls and are terrible for causing this.depends on the tyres and ballance.

Premium Member
Pecee then why does the wobble disappear when his feet are on the highway pegs ? Sounds like both his tire balance has been checked and is good - his right leg is simply transferring up & down unsprung swingarm movement & vibration into his body at high speed making him feel it as a wobble - the harder Dunflop tire could be exciting this movement off the road irregularities for sure but IMHO the right mid peg mount needs to be removed from the swing arm and mounted to the frame like his left footpeg mount. He tried the other wheels & tires with no difference and it happened at the same time as him mounting the mids, also it goes away when he takes his foot off it. Only other possibility is he's damping a vibration in the frame by putting his feet on the H/W pegs - it does stabilize my Triumph, ( more so than my V Rod ) but the rider is the last piece of the frame assy. on a M/C for sure - final test to vindicate science is for him to remove only his right leg / foot a couple inches up from the suspect rt. footpeg accelerating up to a hundred and see if it is OK - if so there ya go, move the footpeg mount off the swingarm, if not find out what's loose on the frame / swingarm / forks / shocks. (y) ;)

ride 'em hard & wet!
I鈥檓 getting a wobble at 100 on my 08 night rod special. Changed swing arm Bearings spacers. New front end fork brace. And and @&$)(?/ Pingel steering damper. And still a @&$ !?( wobble. Anyone had this happen.
No worries with a wobble... I got one on the freeway many years ago on Honda
I鈥檓 getting a wobble at 100 on my 08 night rod special. Changed swing arm Bearings spacers. New front end fork brace. And and @&$)(?/ Pingel steering damper. And still a @&$ !?( wobble. Anyone had this happen.
what鈥檚 the worst that can happen? ... Many years ago, MyHonda CB750 developed a front wheel wobble on the freeway, then the front axle seized. Launched me across the freeway, landing on my head. Killed me instantly. A nurse following me performed CPR and I awoke from a coma, weeks later, paralyzed on one side with spinal fluid dripping from my nose. I shudder at even the thought of a wobble but I still push my V-Rod too it鈥檚 limit.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts