Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I’m gonna try the feet on hi way pegs everything else is done I watched him and he explained everything step by step. You guys have been a real help thanks rob, streetrod. I’ll get back to you soon

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Awesome good luck ! I also thought about your swingarm - be sure that's all properly shimmed and torqued tight with no side to side play since the bushings were replaced- :geek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yea everything in swing arm is new including sleeveS that go in tranny it’s perfect. Raining here just waiting for it to pass

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Yea somethings loose or has play in it to create a whole bike wobble unless his frame is bent & out of alignment from a prior owners accident - Everything KnutJ mentioned - So Harold 346 why was Pingel damper put on there in the first place ? At what speed does the onset of wobble occur ? Once you feel it does it get worse as speed increases in a linear manner or boom does it just start at 100, and is it different with the steering damper removed ? This is potentially very dangerous - proceed with extreme caution especially if you pull the damper, as wobble can put you & the bike on the asphalt quickly if it yanks the handlebars from your hands -

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Frontend redone progressive heayduty and screaming eagle heavy duty forK oil nothing’s bent Or out of alignment. Didn’t do it before I changed it up

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Any difference as prior mentioned - to pull the clutch in at 105 and let it slow thru 100 ? Get the engine torque pull out of the equation ? if smooth at speeds up to 100 & then it starts it's gotta be an engine Rpm related thing or aerodynamics - if those wheels were out of round you should feel it way before 100. Tire Rpm however you can't get away from if it's a separated belt at a certain Rpm it will rear it's ugly head. The bike will do 100 Mph in a few gears have you tried other gears taking one engine Rpm out of the M/C speed equation ? also did feet on highway pegs make any difference ? It really steadies my short wheelbase Triumph - but maybe a band - aid.

Per KnutJ - The brace and Pingel damper may mask your issue, remove them until you have addressed the issue. I agree.

You got something bad wrong. Fork Damper, Fork brace, and still a friggin' wobble ? Remove that crap and find out whats wrong. What does the handlebar do at 100 ? Is it straight ? Is it moving the handlebar tips fwd & aft, vibrating more with increasing speed ? Have you tucked in behind your screen to see if that helps ? Do you have a full face helmet ? (Smooth Aerodynamics - just give us something else to work with ! )

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Haven’t tried hiwaypegs yet and I will try to duck behind Visor probably tomorrow 260 in the rear same as the stock one had before I changed wheels and it didn’t wobble at all full face all ways handlebars are straight just like on my 06 se same set up except my mids on special mount on bracket from swing arm but only on the right side the left it’s to frame. I’ll definitely try everything Tomorrow going on a errand run to nj. I’ll be able to do it all feet on front. Duck behind visor. pull clutch. 100 in different gears. Thanks a bunch bro I’ll hid you guys back once I’m done stay safe.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
" except my mids on special mount on bracket from swing arm but only on the right side the left it’s to frame." Harold346

I'm thinking we're onto something - that rt. mid control attached to the swingarm may be transferring swingarm movement at high M/C speed thru the right leg of the rider to the motorcycle and setting up a wobble - I know that sounds crazy but he's checked everything else and the mids mod was the last thing remaining on the list - I've got mids on my R model and A Pax pegs mounted on the swingarm and sometimes I put my feet back on them at higher speeds and tuck in and I can really feel that swingarm moving - it's kinda cool actually, makes you feel like a working part of the machine but I've never had one foot on and one foot off for any length of time nor would I want to. The highway peg and engine Rpm in different gears test will vindicate science, so I guess we'll see. Fun ! ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ok I put my feet on the hiway pegs and boom 125 I put them back on the mids can’t do 98 thanks boys

21 - 40 of 43 Posts