Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've decided I'm in the market for another v rod. I sold my 07 aw a few years back I'm ready for another one. I'm trying to decide between a 07 X that's actually posted on here with 5000 miles. Or a 2014 night rod with 9000 miles the night rods a 1000$ more. Having a hard time deciding. I've always liked the 07 screaming eagle x. Is there a reason I should go with the newer night rod over the X ? Any input helps thanks.

·
"Vrod King"
923 Posts
Get the X. Get the X. Get the X. I vote for the X.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Whats your passion,what do you prefer,riding:moped:, modding
,just looking at it:boobs:,saving a few bucks
,line all your reasons up in order of preference and your choice will magically appear.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly I'm more of a short trip rider anymore. A little bar hopping and just going out and ripping around. For me it's not so much about saving a few bucks. Either one I buy I'll be modding. I threw a turbo ony last one and loved it. I guess I'm just curious if the inverted forks and abs make much of a difference. I haven't had a chance to ride a newer v rod. The 14 v rod is long way from me to just take a test drive.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Honestly I'm more of a short trip rider anymore. A little bar hopping and just going out and ripping around. For me it's not so much about saving a few bucks. Either one I buy I'll be modding. I threw a turbo ony last one and loved it. I guess I'm just curious if the inverted forks and abs make much of a difference. I haven't had a chance to ride a newer v rod. The 14 v rod is long way from me to just take a test drive.
Slightly quicker steering on the inverted fork models....meh splitting hairs,looks wise more modern.
ABS.....never been in a situation where its saved my ass in ten years but I guess it's only there for emergency's.

·
i haz ghost flames
542 Posts
I would say X. I love the night rods but they are a dime a dozen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
VRSC est -03
3,096 Posts
Turbo the 14 dx and paint it as cx. Bonus abs & inverted fork.

·
Horsepower Whisperer
727 Posts
Don't you need an air cooled Harley to be able to do proper bar hopping?
These bikes are made to ride.... :D

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back with the old v rod at least I was the first one to the bars.. But that's about the truth hell Sportsters got more love than the v when we pulled in places.

·
i haz ghost flames
542 Posts

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,633 Posts
IMO the X is a no brainer. Neither handle well enough to make use of the inverted forks, don't care about the ABS, and the X is a better looking bike.

Modding either one will be fun. Both are too slow to consider which would ultimately be faster when modded. Yep, the X is a no brainier.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Thumbs down

Don't let him get to you Jake, I'm sure he thinks he's the resident huge brained ornithologist.

Attachments

·
i haz ghost flames
542 Posts
Good choice. Cool bike and not a lot of them around.

·
"Vrod King"
923 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts