Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone, I finally settled up on the property damage claim (only) with the cager that hit me. That's the good news. Now for the somewhat bad news. The shop that does all of my work now tells me that he can not complete my rebuild (frame up) in time for Daytona bike week. I am going to bike week riding MY V-Rod what ever it takes. So tomorrow I will start taking my baby apart myself and rebuilding it myself. I will keep everyone posted on my progress as it happens. Can you think of a better way to get to know your V-Rod than that. :cheers:

Most Respectfully
Frank

·
4,638 Posts
FRANK.... :plause: I know that you will do an excellent first class job with your bike... Nobody has the love and passion for there bike like you do.. And knowing you everything will be done correct with attention to every little detail...Please keep us updated daily on your rebuild of your baby....GOOD LUCK.. RICK (another neat freak) :thumb: :thumb:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Seems like they didn't want to dedicate someone to the job, why else could they not get it back together in 4 weeks? Do you have all the parts or at least are they on order with confirmed delivery dates?

Regardless, good luck. If I lived closer I'd come by on night and weekends to help out! If you get stuck just let me know, I could be persuaded to come down for a weekend and lend a hand ;) :cheers:

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mjw930 said:
Seems like they didn't want to dedicate someone to the job, why else could they not get it back together in 4 weeks? Do you have all the parts or at least are they on order with confirmed delivery dates?

Regardless, good luck. If I lived closer I'd come by on night and weekends to help out!

Mark,

They are just to small of a shop. They are balls to the wall with other commitments and do not want to take chance of letting me down. I do not let the Stealerships touch my V-Rod (other than dynoing it). I have seen way to many stupid things go on at the stealership.

Frank

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Frank no one will do your bike as good as you will. No one cares more about how it will look then you do and no one cares more that it is right then you do so who better to do the work then you?

Max

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good luck Frank

:cheers: :cheers:
Frank Storms said:
OK everyone, I finally settled up on the property damage claim (only) with the cager that hit me. That's the good news. Now for the somewhat bad news. The shop that does all of my work now tells me that he can not complete my rebuild (frame up) in time for Daytona bike week. I am going to bike week riding MY V-Rod what ever it takes. So tomorrow I will start taking my baby apart myself and rebuilding it myself. I will keep everyone posted on my progress as it happens. Can you think of a better way to get to know your V-Rod than that. :cheers:

Most Respectfully
Frank

·
Registered
214 Posts
Frank,

Get a video camera and make us a Southern V-Rod movie. :thumb:

Leon

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
What a GREAT idea, Leon! How fun would it be to WATCH Frank doing this!

Good luck, Frank!

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Frank...what shop in South Florida do you normally deal with? Also, have you done dyno testing here...and if so, where at? I am also located in South Florida, and if you need a hand, "I know a guy". Just kiddng, let me know if you need some help.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
frank you know you have to document everything and post a HOW TO rebuild your bike from the ground up post do'nt you?..
just kidding, good luck frank i wish you the best!

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Definitely take a bunch of pics during the rebuild, could help us out some day! Good Luck, actually sounds fun :cheers: :D

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Good luck!

Frank Storms said:
...Can you think of a better way to get to know your V-Rod than that. :cheers:

Most Respectfully
Frank
And so many other things.

Plenty of coffee (I'm an addict), patience, and will (you've got tons), are gonna get it done. Wish you the very best. Plan it well and luck will have nothing to do with it. I feel compelled to also say would really like to lend a hand but will have to settle with sending +vibes to you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
OH and Frank .....DON'T worry about all those little ex -parts lying on the floor after your done........YA RIGHT!!!!!! Build on Brother!

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Go for it Frank. And what uprey said!

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Good luck Frank, I am sure you will do better than most of the stealers I have seen!! We really do need a video though.... :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
There is only one way to do something and that is to do it yourself. You will enjoy this and gain a lot of experience in the process. So much for paying a hefty labor bill. rock on!

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
You can do it :D I have faith in ya bro.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts