Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Former Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be leaving at 9am on Saturday the 13th from Capitol Harley in Madison. We are going to be heading slightly south toward the border and then down into Illinois via the mighty Mississippi river. We'll be stopping at a couple of well known biker bars and hot spots. The ride is very nice. The roads are curvy and scenic. Should be great for fall colors too. It's right off of Hwy 90 so it's easy on and easy off access for those of you coming from afar. There is also a hotel right next door for anyone needing a hotel or wanting to stick around for perhaps a Badgers game on Sunday. Let me know if 9am is o.k for the masses. Thanks. :moped:

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Can you do a map of the planned ride on Google or something? I am trying to see how I ca do it from Manitowoc. I will most likely have to come to Madison Fri night and definitely have to be home Saturday night.

·
Banned
938 Posts
The Badgers play on Sunday? I want whatever you're smokin'.

The Badgers play Penn State on the 13th at 2:30. I think I'll need a beer or two by that time.

Does this have to start at 9 am? I hate morning people.

·
Former Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 13th is a SATURDAY. The Badgers play on SATURDAY. What I'm smokin? Otherway around. LoL. 9Am is the start time unless enough complain otherwise. That's 1 for a later start. Anyone else? We can do 12noon?

·
Former Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just read my earlier post....duoh! Jackasz alert! LoL. My bad. Open mouth insert vrod exhaust....enough said.

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
I should be able to make it

·
Registered
531 Posts
I second the request for a more detailed route - I may have to bug out early to go sleep in a submarine with my son and the Cub Scouts.

At least give the names of towns we'll be passing through..eating, etc.

Thanks

·
Former Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are going to be heading down into Savanna, Il via US hwy 84. That runs us along the Wisconsin River. Very scenic and curvy. We will be stopping by the Iron Horse Social Club (www.ironhorsesocialclub.com) and Poopies and New Diggins,etc. Total trip from Madison to Savanna is 2 hours. Plus ride time back plus time at the bars (Iron Horse is also a cycle museum) I'm expecting there to be about 5 hours of total ride time to and from as well as a few hours at the bars or so. So I'd say if we left at 9am we will get there in time for lunch (on me) and then a few hours there and then get back into Madison around 5 PM. That will allow those who have to ride awhile to get home to do so before dark. Any input or suggested side tracks are totally open. Will update again shortly. Ride safe

·
Registered
380 Posts
You planning on taking 151 down to Dubuque and then 84 down from there? That looks like a little more than a 2 hour ride to me but should be fun.

·
Former Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've made it in 2 hours and 15 minutes. In a group I suppose 2 and a half is more like it. Good call. It's a great ride!

·
Former Member
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let's just change the start time to 11am then. That will give us time to all get there, get on the road, work up our appetites and then you can all put me in the poor house for the lunches I'm buying. LoL. 11am is now the official time and in all fairness to all who are planning out for this it will not be changed again. Thanks and can't wait to meet you guys and to see the looks on the cagers faces when a posse of V-rods are coming down the road!!! Ride safe.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i will be heading down saturday morning, i can meet up in milwaukee and head over or just go to madison and meet up too. 02man98 you still leaving fri night or sat morning. im pretty close to you and could ride down with you but i work til 10pm fri

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
The ride I planned during the spring went to quaker steak and lube. I'd be game for us closer to madison meeting somewhere before hand and get a little pre ride ride in, riley tavern???

1 - 20 of 101 Posts