Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I always wire up my aux lights to stay on regardless of whether the high beams are on or off. My bike came with aux
lights installed by the dealer and of course power is wired to the low beam. Where would y’all hook a wire for constant power when the bike is running? Way easier on a Shovelhead ??. Yeah, yeah, I know all about the law. When I’m out in the middle of nowhere, I want all my lights on.

·
Registered
642 Posts
There are threads on here about keeping the low beam on with the high beam by moving 1 wire in the headlamps harness connector. You could tap into this same circuit I suppose. (The position lamp) Might have to use it to turn on a relay depending on current draw however

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hey guys, I always wire up my aux lights to stay on regardless of whether the high beams are on or off. My bike came with aux
lights installed by the dealer and of course power is wired to the low beam. Where would y’all hook a wire for constant power when the bike is running? Way easier on a Shovelhead ??. Yeah, yeah, I know all about the law. When I’m out in the middle of nowhere, I want all my lights on.
If you take a feed from the blue wire that comes from the lighting fuse which runs to both the left handlebar switch and the indicators, that will give you power whenever the ignition is on. Alternatively you could feed off the orange/white wire from ACCY fuse which would also give you power when the ignition is on. Downside (or upside depending on your point of view) to this one is that they would also illuminate when you turned the key to ACCY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts