Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for wiring instructions so that I can find where my taillight has a short.
Recently my LED taillight went out in sections. First the right side running light stopped working and it stayed like this for about a week or so. Then the blinker on that side stopped working. Soon after the left side running light stopped working and very quickly after that the middle running lights stopped working so I had no brake lights.
This all happened on my Michigan Upper Peninsula trip. The funny thing is, the guys that I was riding with say my taillight would flicker intermittently which told me that it was a short. Can anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
I am looking for wiring instructions so that I can find where my taillight has a short.
Recently my LED taillight went out in sections. First the right side running light stopped working and it stayed like this for about a week or so. Then the blinker on that side stopped working. Soon after the left side running light stopped working and very quickly after that the middle running lights stopped working so I had no brake lights.
This all happened on my Michigan Upper Peninsula trip. The funny thing is, the guys that I was riding with say my taillight would flicker intermittently which told me that it was a short. Can anyone help?
More likely an intermittent open than a short.

Here's the lighting circuits for the 2013 VRSC models. It should be similar if not the same as the 2014 VRSCF:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts