Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Ok, now...I'm starting to get nervous, revs spliced to the rear coil yellow/ blue and showing up, Dakota gauge pretty much everything working but...it keeps stalling 馃槚 when releasing the throttle at speed, so I'm forced to quick re start or get rear bumped...it sucks. What could be wrong? Speed sensor? I plugged the Dakota 3 pin stock sensor connector to my stock speed sensor port from the tranny, it works so far, should I need to splice it to the white wire down the vss port? 馃 Beyond that little safety detail everything works just on wheels.
So many thanks in advance for any resolving feedback.

Registered
Ok, now...I'm starting to get nervous, revs spliced to the rear coil yellow/ blue and showing up, Dakota gauge pretty much everything working but...it keeps stalling 馃槚 when releasing the throttle at speed, so I'm forced to quick re start or get rear bumped...it sucks. What could be wrong? Speed sensor? I plugged the Dakota 3 pin stock sensor connector to my stock speed sensor port from the tranny, it works so far, should I need to splice it to the white wire down the vss port? 馃 Beyond that little safety detail everything works just on wheels.
So many thanks in advance for any resolving feedback.
ECM still needs to see output from sensor to control idle speed. If you have disconnected original VSS plug and replaced it with the Dakota then that is probably your problem. You need to splice in the Dakota wire so both get the ouput signal.

Registered
So white wire from tranny spliced into Dakota 3 pin white, then canceling black and red. I have it pre wired now and I'll get them together at morning. Thanks for the input and I'll post the results.

Registered
Breaking news, I wired the vss alone with no black & red, then the bike die miserable in low revs, plus no speed reading. Went back and add the red n black and now having speed signal but still trying to stall at low speeds or when releasing the throttle (reminds me my old Deuce that I had to accelerate at junctions to avoid stalling 馃槚) might or might not have something to do when choosing in:
Set up > Engine > #1 ?
it goes 1 to 15 if I'm not wrong. So following Dakota I set #1...cylinder??? ...Totally lost now...

Registered
Breaking news, I wired the vss alone with no black & red, then the bike die miserable in low revs, plus no speed reading. Went back and add the red n black and now having speed signal but still trying to stall at low speeds or when releasing the throttle (reminds me my old Deuce that I had to accelerate at junctions to avoid stalling 馃槚) might or might not have something to do when choosing in:
Set up > Engine > #1 ?
it goes 1 to 15 if I'm not wrong. So following Dakota I set #1...cylinder??? ...Totally lost now...

Registered
I spliced the yellow (tach signal ) wire into the rear coil yell/Blue wire and it works nicely. You could splice it to the front coil also with no problems.

Set up > Engine > #1 ?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts