Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Heavycycle tail light and Kuryakyn led turn signal mirrors, turn signals start out slow, but get faster, do I need to install a load equalizer?
Part #4810 came with the signals but I am ont sure where to intall it.
I have done all this without cutting into my main wiring harness, and would to keep it that way. Is there anything wrong with a faster blink rate? This is on an 05a. Thanks.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
The TSSM will blink normal for 4 cycles, then start the fast rate. It reads the low draw of the LED's as an "OPEN" circuit. It thinks a bulb is burned out.

You can install a load equilizer, I reccommend the unit from BikeTronics Smart Equilizer. It jumps between the connectors for the front signals and requires no splicing.

You can get it from Heavycycles.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
electrical help

Thanks for the info, I am not real keen on the electical portion of these bikes, will this slow the front signals also? or do I still need something up there? Thanks again.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
electrical

From the looks of my first post it appears I am not real keen on spelling either.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
daleboy said:
Thanks for the info, I am not real keen on the electical portion of these bikes, will this slow the front signals also? or do I still need something up there? Thanks again.
No. One is all you need in the system. (SmartEquilizer that is)

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I put the Kuryakyn equalizer by the TSSM, under the pillon seat, 4 years ago. No issues since.

·
Registered
84 Posts
load eq is what you need. search the net you will see one from nevada. i forgot the name. installed them and no problems.

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
Just an FYI. I purchased the Biketronics version load equalizer and had to rewire it. After hours of head scratching and a 12 pack. Factory (Biketronics) wire harness was wrong. May have been an isolated incident, but it wouldn't hurt to check it. I just pulled the wires and relocated them correctly in the plug.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
load equalizer

Thanks for all the input, the equalizer from Biketronics is the one I had decided to go with, good to learn they can be wired wrong from the people that manufacture them. I am with you on the cold ones, who was counting for you?

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
daleboy - I have pictures in my gallery on where the Biketronics connects.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts