Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just took my first ride with a windshield. I had never ridden a bike with a windshield before. I did my research and it seemed that the Windvest 18" clear was going to be the best choice for me. So, I got one from a member here the other day. Looks great and the hardware is excellent. Comes off easy with two bolts and leave no hardware behind. Aesthetically, it may be the best looking, effective windshield for the V-Rod.

Here are my two complaints.

1st) Something about a windshield that takes away from the sparkling clean detailing of my bike. Yeah, I am a bit anal about the shine of my components. Rarely, can you find a bug or a fingerprint on my ride and I like the reactor wheels and hubs to be spotless as well. The windshield just takes that show time look a step down even though it is perfectly clean as well. How about that stuff "Invisible Glass"? Anyone ever hear of it or try it on lexan?

2nd) There is a whistle from 35 mph up to about 50 mph. Above 50 and it seems to go away or get lost in all the wind noise. Under 35 is not enough to make it happen. I thought it may be the two holes in the lexan that are open at the top of the mount when the windshield is in the 2" higher position, so I took it apart and lowered it so that there where no holes showing through. This did nothing. Anyone with an 18" Windvest on an 05 or 06 SE ever experience this? If I take the windshield off, I do not hear any whistling. This will drive me crazy, cause it will challenge my need to know.

Otherwise, I will be taking a long hi-way ride this week and I will know then if a windshield is right for me. Stay tuned cause if it is not then there will be a mint condition Windvest 18" in clear up for sale.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Hi-Def said:
1st) Something about a windshield that takes away from the sparkling clean detailing of my bike. Yeah, I am a bit anal about the shine of my components. Rarely, can you find a bug or a fingerprint on my ride and I like the reactor wheels and hubs to be spotless as well. The windshield just takes that show time look a step down even though it is perfectly clean as well.
Understatement of the year, get that thing Off that beautiful machine, The Whistle is the Bike Screaming that you are noe drsssing it funny and its scared Bags will show up next.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts