Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would be great if someone could post a few up close pics with the Windvest off and mounting hardware still attached.

·
Black Frame "A"
627 Posts
Yeah, what he said. Except, I'm under the impression that there really isn't any hardware used to attach the Windvest. Doesn't it just bolt onto the existing two holes used to attach the headlight? So, if you took the screen off, you could just put the bolts back in and you would never know it was there. But I could be wrong... I'm interested in this as well.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
The windvest uses a bracket to mount over the headlight bracket.It then has 2 allen head bolts to bolt the windshield and mount to the bracket. Its just as easy to take the whole thing off as it is to remove just the winshield and mount though.
Ed

·
GCS=15
622 Posts
missin44 said:
Would be great if someone could post a few up close pics with the Windvest off and mounting hardware still attached.
I don't have pictures but like you I am interested in this unit - if you look at the Windvest site www.windvest.com, click on 'FAQ', and download the .pdf installation file (link at bottom of the FAQ page), you'll see how the mounting brackets left behind on the handlebar look when you remove the screen... and of course with a couple more minutes' work you can remove them as well

best regards

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I can take pics of mine in various states of disassembly. Its pretty easy to tear down...

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts